cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error calling RFC

0 Kudos

Dear , good afternoon !

I need a support of you , please . Can you help me please ?

We have a program in ECC that communicates with the IP via RFC .

For this to occur correctly , configured in tcode SM59 , one destination , such as " T " and configure it with the same "PROGRAM ID " set in SENDER PI channel.

The channel gets " green " status , indicating that the credentials worked. However, when we test the program that executes the RFC call , or even

Tests in tcode SE37 , the communication channel PI presents the following error :

" Error in processing Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException : while trying to invoke the method com.sap.mw.jco.JCO $ Structure.clear ( ) of an object returned com.sap.mw.jco.JCO from $ Record.getStructure (int) "

In the ECC ABAP stack , the error is: SYSTEM_FAILURE ( executed in the destination from SE37 tests ) , and in implementing the program via tcode SE38 :

"Category ABAP Programming Error
Runtime Errors CALL_FUNCTION_REMOTE_ERROR
ABAP Program Z_MONITOR_RPS_NFE
Application Component Not Assigned

Short text

"while trying to invoke the method com.sap.mw.jco.JCO $ Structure.clear ( ) of an "

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello, Diego!

Check the Program ID of your RFC SENDER adapters, I had the same issue and I notice that there were 2 communication channels registering the same program ID. After changing the name of the program ID of one of the channels and cleaning the CACHE, my RFC sender adapter worked fine.

Good luck!

Vladimir Schiavinatto Pires

SAP XI/PI

0 Kudos

Hello Vladimir!

I checked the 2 tip of communication. The communication channel need to have the same reported in connection RFC Destination settings. Right now is working. Grateful.

Thanks for all the help!

Regards,

Diego Castro

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Dear, good afternoon!

Thank you the return to everyone who posted here. However, unable to solve the problem.

The problem still persists when executing RFC in ECC for PI.

Sender Communication channel in PI, shows the following error message:

"Error in processing Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.mw.jco.JCO $ Structure.clear () of an object returned from $ com.sap.mw.jco.JCO Record . getStructure (int) ".

Reviewed the issue of Technical Systems and Business Systems in SLD. The communication channel is to "green" status (which suggests that the authentication of it, was successful in ECC / Registered program).

Do I need a Basis support? What can I do to solve this problem?

Thank you everyone's attention.
Sincerely,

Diego Castro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego 

Can you please check this SAP Note

Note 1062037 - java.lang.NullPointerException error in Adapter activation

Thanks

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego

Please check the following

1. The RFC structure in ECC and PI is same. If not then re-import the RFC from ECC.

2. Stop the RFC communication channel and then start it again. So that it will be able to get the new metadata.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

As suggested above by Inaki please check if the RFC metadata is correct.

Also, try restarting the RFC services once.

Since, the call is reaching your PI Box it can be assumed that the connection between ECC and PI is working.

Regards,

Kalyan

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

My few tips, if the SM59 works right you have to check the PI SLD and configuration. Your ECC system should be in the SLD technical/business systems. The best way to have the RFC metadata right is to create an empty RFC in the sender system, in order to use it to import in PI system. Try to deactivate and activate the RFC channel and to have this channel inside the business system that points the sender system.

Regards.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Please refer the below link which might be helpful.

JCo Exceptions (SAP Library - SAP NetWeaver? Problem Analysis Guide (PAG))

RFC sender adapter | SCN

regards,

Harish