cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Node 1 was not found in the user menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm presenting the following issue when the users try to access some areas of the system, someone have presented this issue? We have installed Netweaver Business Client 4.0 PL11.

Thxs!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

Finally SAP take out the new Patch 13 for the NWBC (Netweaver Business Client), this patch contains the correction for this issue.

I already tested the patch in my PC and works great!

If you have yet this problem, please access the SAP marketplace and download the last NWBC patch (PL13).

Regards,

Carlos

former_member183060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Carlos,

thanks for letting us know!

BR

Melinda

DirkDeRidder
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Melinda,

NWBC 4.0 PL13 does work now with IE11 and the 'node 1 not found' problem is solved with this patch. (Thanks).

However, the problem also occurs for NWBC 3.5. Are there any plans to solve the issue with the NWBC 3.5 version as some projects still run with this version.

Thanks,

Dirk

former_member183060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dirk,

is the issue occuring with IE11?

Thanks and regards

Melinda

DirkDeRidder
Explorer
0 Kudos

Indeed,

after upgrade to IE11, the issue occurs with NWBC 3.5 with PL11 and PL13.

Before the upgrade to IE11, the issue never occurred.

We also applied the latest NWBC back-end patches (38), but that didn't solve the issue.

KR,

Dirk

former_member183060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dirk,

based on the PAM, 3.5 is supported officially only with IE8.

This issue is related to IE11, and it is corrected now for 4.0. You can report the issue in an official incident, and I will contact the Developer Colleagues and they will decide if the solution will be integrated in 3.5 too.

Best regards

Melinda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goodmorning Melinda,

Is there any news regarding the integration of this solution in NWBC 3.5?

Best regards,

Bart Chevalking

former_member183060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bart,

As I wrote earlier, this error was related to IE11, with which NWBC 3.5 is not supported.

Do you use IE11 with 3.5? Have you tested with the latest version?

Best regards

Melinda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melinda,

Thanks for your quick reply. We are on PL13 and PL14 solves the problem!

Best regards,

Bart

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Just to keeping you in the loop, SAP answered me the OSS note that I opened for this with the following comment below, so we need to wait until SAP analyze and fix this in the next patch or version.

"Hello Carlos,

I have discussed your issue with the NWBC developer. Unfortunetely,

IE11 is not supported with Destkop Client at the moment. (i am sorry

if you received mix information so far)

SAP is currently working on making NWBC deskop compatible with IE11

but cannot provide an estimated date at this stage.

Thanks and Regards"

Carlos

former_member183060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

NWBC for Destkop currently DOES NOT SUPPORT IE11.

The issue that was originally described by Carlos is occuring because of this combination.

Untill IE11 is not supported, please do not use it with Destkop Client.

Best regards

Melinda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melinda

This is not an option and of course is not a solution, all our new systrems came with Windows 8.1 and Explorer 11 and you can imagine Microsoft is going to install his new explorer with any excuse.

We can't go back.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

You have the same situation that I have but as Melinda said IE11 is not compatible yet with NWBC 4.0, I don't have a solution for this error yet.. I just have workarounds... for example.. if you want to see your expenses, salary statement or if you want to fill out your working time you will need to go directly to the link without using the Overview Work Center or Overview Page.

Example:

Let say that you want to fill out your working time... to do that you have to go to Employee Self Service -> Working Time -> Time Recording -> Record Working Time to fill out your timesheet.. in that way the error is not going to be presented but if you use the Overview part you will see the famous Node 1 error..

I have yet a OSS note open for this but SAP is trying to find a solution yet.

If I find a solution I will let you know.

Carlos

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not that it will solve your problem, but we submitted an improvement request to make NWBC (both HTML & Desktop edition) to be more Browser & version Independence. Please click "Subscribed" to register your vote. 

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/ideas/16121

Do note that this Improvement request will probably will be rejected (because it's out of scope), but I think at least it will help generate some awareness so that the SAP Internal Development team will further avoid going down this path.

havder
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Try downgrading your Internet Explorer from 11 to 10.

It seems to have something to do with permissions with IE11, but haven't found any other way around it.

Hope it works for you.

Br

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your answer but we can't downgrade the IE in the company right now because we have all the computers with the Windows update set to automatically so that is not an option right now. But yes... the issue is if the users have IE11. Doing some tests if I downgrade the IE to 10 the issue doesn't occur but I can't do this in all the computers right now.

I still have this issue and I opened in the last month a note to SAP and I'm trying to resolve this with them. We had our system in ECC 6 EHP 6 SP04 and they recommend us to upgrade the SP to 10, after that some of the links was fixed but I receive yet this error for others links so I have the note open yet.

If I found a solution I will let you know.

Thanks anyway for your help!

Carlos

havder
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ok, seems we're in similar situations

Will let you know if I find a solution.

BR

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

We have the same problem with computers with IExplorer 11 and Windows 8.1 64 bits, did you find any solution?

Thanks