cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculation of Mean value in characteristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I am new to SAP QM.I want to understand how the calculation of mean value of result of  characteristic is takes place.

Thanks in advance

Rrgards,

Pritam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member338769
Participant
0 Kudos

If you are using sample procedures that need multiple samples for the same char and the MIC is set to have single result recorded in insp plan, then the mean value is calculated without a need for formulas.

To see individual test results, go to Display Results function in QA32 and then click on the plus sign next to the mean value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol ,

Thanks for reply .

Here individual records means the number of records from which the mean value is calculated.Where can I find this ?

Regards,

Pritam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Thanks for reply .

Where can I see all the individual records from which the mean value is calculated.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Pritam

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi pritam,

Here individual record means results recorded for Characteristics. This results get updated into QASR, QAMR tables. You can access these tables through SE16.

As you are a beginner, search about SAP QM TABLES on Google.

Amol

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you referring to the value displayed in the UD screen for a characteristic?  This is typically the mean value of the inspection points or the mean value calculated from the various values of  individual results recording.  In summarized recording, there is only ever one result recorded so this is the mean value displayed.

Craig

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Additionally, you use calculated characteristic to fetch value on the basis of results entered in other characteristics. You activate it in the control indicators of respective MIC.

Let say you have four MICs, A,B, C and D and D is calculated char.  You can assign a formula e.g A+B/C into D.

As Vivek has said, You put (C0010+C0020)/C0030 in D while assigning it to inspection plan. Whenever you put results into three MICs, Value in D comes automatically.on the basis of above formula or any you use.

ntn

vivek_tembe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pritam

You can use calculated characteristics

The option for getting mean in the formula is,

C0: Arithmetic mean for measured values

Regards

Vivek