cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alt tax Class err not getting picked VA41

Former Member
0 Kudos

D friends,

We are maintaining Tax Classification- Customer, for Tax Categories in the Billing Documents tab of Customer Master (XD01). But this Tax Classification is not getting picked as Alt. tax classific. in the Header data of Contract or Order in the Billing Document tab. Pl suggest.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alt tax classification is alternate to what has been determined by system based on your cust & material tax classifications. You have to manually enter alt tax classification in sales order header. From sales order it will get copied to subsequent documents along with dependent condition values.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether relevant "Delivery Plant" is maintained or determined or not?

In addition to that there many thread in SCN which talks about Tax Classifications  and related issues. Please put little effort in search and trail.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

JP,

I am searching the forum since early morning but could not find any thread. I searched Google also but could not find even a single link. Everywhere people are explaining how Alt tax Classific. come in header. But no where I could find any link that why it is not getting copied.

Answer to your first suggest: Plant is entered manually in our Contract or Sales Order.

Even after completing the contract, Alt tax Classific. does not get defaulted from Customer Master.

Pl suggest.

Thanks.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can

1. Is you delivery plant maintain in your Contract?

2. Check Country maintained in Plant(TCode OX10).

3. Use SE16N, in Table KNVI, for your customer & country(country is maintained plant), whether you can find any entry. If you don't find any entry for that combination, that means tax classification for customer is not properly maintain in XD01/XD02/VD01/VD02. Correct that and try again.

In addition to that refer my post in following thread.

- XD03 liable for taxes

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

JP,

In table KNVI, I can see the entry for my customer. There is a combination of:

Customer- Country- Tax Categ- Tax Classi.

I also went through your thread- Not got any hint. Pl suggest.

Thanks.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay. In that case,

1. Can you me for which country you are trying this?

2. Can you share values from Table TVKO for field XSTCEG maintained for Sales Org (VKORG)?

Thanks, JP

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I am correct, that field (VBAK-TAXK1) will be blank if you create directly.   It will flow if you create documents like Credit Memo Request or Return Order where you refer a billing document and all data would be fetched from preceding document.  This means, if you create a Credit Memo Request or a Return Order by referencing a billing document, field value from VBRK-TAXK1 would be transferred to VBAK-TAXK1.  I am not sure on this as right now, I dont have access to SAP to confirm this.

Similarly, if you generate a billing document from a contract, there system will fetch the tax classification at header level.

G. Lakshmipathi