cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Configuration in System Preparation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

I am trying to get through the System Preparation stage of setting up a Solution Manager 7.1 that I have just installed. All seems to go OK until I get to step 6.1 Select SLD. I select "Setup Local SLD" and another window pops up and just hangs for a long time at step 129 of 172 Configure Data Supplier Attributes on SLD Server. This has been hanginf like this for a few hours now and I am sure that is not right. I dont know where the logs for this will be. So, if anyone can provide some enlightening information her, I would be most grateful.

Thanks and regards

Ray Phillips

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member249929
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishi - the screenshot:

The note seems to be suggessting that it hangs in 6.1 whereas I am in step 6.3.

Ray Phillips

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you try to click on the Agent candidate Administration in the 6.3 phase.

Then click on get agent and then connect.

Also check the below note.

1830402 - Solman_Setup in the Assign Diagnostic Agent step the system shows in SLD Candidate but wil...

another thing was there any reason that you don't install the Diagnistic agents with name DAA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rishi

Yip. This is what heppens when I go to agent candidate administration.

First I get a login popup.

And then:

then I go for connection parameters.

It shows that the system that I want to have managed in a state of pending.

And that is the way that it stays.

And back in solman_setup when I click on get agents:

and you can see the system still in a state of pending.

And I click on Connect and when I hover over the status icon it says "the connection has been triggered. Check again later". But I have done that before and it doesnt change.

BTW I am assigning different names to the DA's installed on different systems so that they can be identified individually for the system that they reside on.

Thanks and regards

Ray Phillips

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will give you reference related to the screen shot. So the first screen shot is 1 then 2 ...

In the 2 screen shot can you try to use the fully qualified host name and then click on activate .

Once the above two steps are done go in the agent connection manager and click on the Attach

enter SMD user and Password.

The agent should show as status associated (this can take 10 to 15 minutes).

Thanks

Rishi abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rishi

I dont know what to enter as a FQ hostname because the enitre installation is installed in a workgroup. Will that have a negative effect on the setup?

I will follow up on your further suggestions when I get to the office.

Thanks again

Ray Phillips

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks folks for your reponses. I am led to believe that this will take a long time. however, I terminated and checked the SLD users as suggested and they werent locked. When I look at the screens being presented I see some processes being skipped due to:

Step is skipped based on 'execution condition', reason:

Only Local Scenario, Only Local Scenario

But that is in SLD server configuration as shown in the screen below.

But that just doesnt seem right to me.

from the solman_setup screen step 6.3 I select the entry which is shown as not connected. it shows that the connection has been triggered and I should check back again later.

And from there I get the whole setup screen popping up with the steps being omitted which I cant work out why.

Regards

Ray Phillips

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before commenting any thing i would like to know what were all the details that you have provided in 6.1 phase.

Can you please share the screen shot or the option that you selected.

Just one note for you to check.

1905681 - 'Select SLD' in the System Preparation is hanging

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Please check if SLD users (SLDDSUSER or SLDAPIUSER) are locked.

If yes, then please unlock and try to re-run the Local SLD Setup wizard again with correct passwords.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Its not doing anything wrong ,,,dont cancel ,,its upgrading you sld and CR content ...after finish again you have to upgrade the CR content ,,,http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=134545554

Thanks

Rableen