a) Sales order will be created with multiple line items

b) Each item has payer who differs from payer at the header

c) Now my requirement is , is it possible to have credit limit for each payer

i.e let us assume we have 3 line items

Material code     Payer    Credit limit

Pen                  10001     5000

Pencil               10002     3000

Rubber              10003     1000

Now when i enter 1st line item and change the payer , system should do credit check for that payer only

and after that 2nd line item and change the payer , now here if the 2nd payer exceeds the credit limit then system should show the

message.

Now , what we want to know is ,is it possible to achieve the requirement , if yes where all i need to do changes.

We have tried many ways like by assigning all the payers to main payer but the moment the payer is assigned to main payer

system considers credit limit of main payer to other payers also ,but we dont want this way.

Regards

Adarsh Kukke

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Thank you for the help.

For Note : 370573

Previously i had the requirement which i configured,

where we can have multiple payer at item level and all these payers are assigned with

main payer and his credit limit will be applicable for all the item level payers.

For the scenario which i posted above , was able to achieve partially where system is checking

for oldest open item for the payer at the item level ( Need to select "Payer" at automatic credit check) but not the credit value.

Thanks for the help once again.

Regards

Adarsh Kukke S

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Lakshmipathi and Mahesh are right. Maybe, your client are talking about a guarantor. See SAP Note 380507 - SD partner determination: FAQ for the functions, question 2, but remember the impact in billing splitting (see SAP Note 11162 - Invoice split criteria in billing document). I understand your concern is related with credit management. Perhpas, it could be possible with userexits, see 1464839 - How to customize credit control in transaction OVA8 using checks USER 1, USER 2 and USER 3.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

As per SAP standard it is not possible to check credit limit line item wise , it will check entire document level. So kindly create separate Sale orders.( As mentioned Lakshmipathi).

kindly check the below Mentioned SAP Note and its cleared mentioned in that Note it is not possible.

370573  -  No Alternative Payer not possible at item level.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not possible to check the Payer at item level.   If this is a desperate need from Business, then you propose to create different sale orders based on each Payer.

G. Lakshmipathi