cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third party validation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello I need to implement FTP to BW scenario.

I transfer CSV file to BW and I think about validation.

In XI system the validation is very complicated and I think to make the validation in the client side.

I think to write some applet in Java and place the applet in the server when the client try to upload the file to the server the applet make data validation.

I will be happy to hear your opinion about this idea.

Did you implement something like that?

thanking you in advance

Elad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elad,

What made you to think that validation in XI is very complicated?

What is the validation you wish to implement. Based on this you can take a call.

Regards.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

Thank you for your answer.

I need to validate a characters number, numeric/alfa numeric, numbers range and more.

I'll be happy to hear how you made validation in xi

Regards

Elad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Elad,

we could do these dateconversions,lengthchecks,numberfromatting,etc. i have done this validations in XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

>><i>I need to validate a characters number, numeric/alfa numeric, numbers range and more</i>

In Xi for each message, we can do all type of validtions like date , number, numaric data, or number range..each and every field level.

in BW we need to write transfer routine or update rule to do while extraction.all types of similar kind of things we can do in XI.

Also see the below links

Messsage mapping functionality - http://help.sap.com/bp_bpmv130/Documentation/Operation/MappingXI30.pdf

integration with BW

Alert Framework and BW -

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b6d59590-0201-0010-5f9d-adb9f6b1...

Xi - BI integration /people/kamaljeet.kharbanda/blog/2005/09/16/xi-bi-integration

Regards

Chilla

<i>reward points if it is useful..</i>

Answers (0)