cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Invoices to Customer in Third Party Sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an issue in Third party sales which is as follows..

1. Vendor will directly deliver the goods to the customer

2. Then Vendor sends the Invoice to the company and it is processed through MIRO.

3. Then based on the Invoice sent by vendor, the company have to send an invoice back to the vendor who is using a Non-SAP system (the invoice output type should be in the format of our company)

4. Then the Vendor will send the Invoice to the customer through email/post

5. And finally customer will pay to the company.

I think the solution for this is...........

Vendor's invoice should be processed as like the output of company's invoice (and sent back to the vendor) through outbound IDoc processing..

Am I right..? If yes, then please suggest me the possible settings for IDoc..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My general question to you is what is the reason for your Vendor sending the Invoice to the Customer ? That seems to be abnormal.

In regular third party scenarios you would only send the invoice to the customer.

You are using Vendor to supply goods to the customer whereas the agreement of sale is with you and you are the one who should be sending the invoice to the customer logically.

Could you throw some light as to why you are looking at such a scenario ? Are you paying him something for the service ?

It is fine if you do not want to reply to this and you are already only looking at technical solutions.

Thanks. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dee

Thanks for your response. We too felt the same as you when we heard a requirement like this. But its client's requirement and they just told that the Vendor wants to deliver and also invoices the customer hereafter, for every sales. I think it may be some understanding between the client and the vendor. And we don't know whether they are paying extra for vendor for this service.

Regards

Rajesh Kumar

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the explanation.

Just wondering, in case, the Vendor does not send the invoice OR sends them late, is the client is willing to receive payments late ?? If there is any litigation regarding payments not received or received late, I will be eager to know, how the client would react to those scenarios then. Sue the vendor ??

By the way, just curios -> Which Country and which Industry Sector does your client belong to ??

Anyways, have seen more stranger stuff too so nothing surprises me.

You have a good one.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dee

Just few hours back I consulted with the user on client side and known about this process.

The vendor and customer both belong to the same place (both are nearby Coimbatore). My client is in India and its a Chemical manufacturing industry. And the client pays to the vendor only after receiving the payment from the customer for that particular order.

The payment of customer to the client is treated as a proof, that the vendor sent the invoice to customer within the client's requested date (the vendor should deliver the invoice on the same day to customer).

And this payment to vendor is treated individually. This is the agreement between the vendor and the client.

Regards

Rajesh Kumar

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the requirement details plus the country and industry info.

I guess you dont have much choice. On a first glance, Santosh's solution looks good to me.

Happy solutioning.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dee

U'r right. Santosh's solution is appealing. Discussions going on for outbound IDoc with ABAPer.

Thanks and a Happy New Year..!

Regards

Rajesh Kumar

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was referring to the EMail option to during the Customer[Here the Bill to Party could be potentially be switched to be Vendor instead] Invoice Output Trigger, not an Outbound IDOC.

Another option would be to bring out the Vendor as a partner in the Sales Order Process, during the Sales Order Creation and have this copied to the Billing Document. Once we do that, it might be easier.

Thanks. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dee

My suggestion was also to assign the Vendor in partner determination. But my client needs this to be done via IDoc. So only concentrating much on IDoc for this issue. We have to discuss about this again with client and take an appropriate solution.

Regards

Rajesh Kumar

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds like commission sales / agent sales.  The vendor then sends you a commission.

Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Warren

I think there is no sales agent or any commission. Just the vendor is sending the invoice to the customer instead of the company. Better I will consult again regarding commissions to the vendor.

Regard

Rajesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is Vendor is fixed or for every Order vendor also changes ?

Regards

Santosh Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for the response.. The vendor is fixed for the particular material...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

We generally send a soft of Invoice to customer through output. If the output medium is External send you can send a soft copy of Invoice to customer’s email address. In your case email /Fax /Print copy has to be sent to Vendor ( Not sure )

OUTPUT Program you can have a logic applied VBRK/P- VBELN= VBEP- VBELN. Take the PR number from VBEP and look for Fixed Vendor in PR (EBAN- FLIEF - Fixed vendor).

ADRNR in the lfa1 and ADDRNUMBER in ADR6 will give you email address of Vendor.  Rather than creating an Idoc you can simply email a soft copy to vendor. Vendor can print the Invoice and send it to customer .I do not see a need to create OUTBOND Idoc and send data from SAP for this requirement .

But if you have to send data from SAP to other system you can use  Message Type -INVOIC, Basic type-INVOIC01 -Invoice/Billing document for OUTBOUND Idoc can be triggered from OUTPUT on same logic I stated above.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Santosh Verma 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh

Thanks for your response.. We too have the same idea of mailing the soft copy of Invoice to the vendor and he can send the same to the Customer. But just asked to know the outbound IDoc process for this. Thanks for your great help.

Regrads

Rajesh Kumar