Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP12 - TemSe Data Storage - Memory Allocation

rakesh_ranjan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can anyone explain me output of SP12 (TemSe Data Storage -> Memory Allocation).

This is the output I am getting in my system....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|Statistics for memory allocation of total of                                  22830objects                                      |

|In database          55,098,800                                                                                                 |

|In files            301,287,016                                                                                                 |

|Total               356,385,816                                                                                                 |

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|Client|TemSe object name   |Number of Bytes in DB    |Number of Bytes in File  |

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|000   |                    |                  539728 |                  180988 |

|100   |                    |                   40792 |                54972462 |

|110   |                    |                    1856 |                  891148 |

|120   |                    |                13596966 |               172172374 |

|122   |                    |                40919458 |                73070044 |

I am surprised to see memory allocation in files whereas parameter rspo/store_location = db is set in my system.

Regards,

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can read the below note that tell about where are spool request saved.

20176 - Where is the spool request saved?

For more info can also check the below note.

16513 File system full - what can you do?
504952 Composite note regarding spooling and printing
11070 Space requirements of TemSe and spooler

10551 - Table TST03 grows

19706 - Tuning the Spooler

In general, spool request data is written and read much quicker if it is stored in files rather than in database table TST03. The advantages and disadvantages are described in Notes 11070, 10551 and 20176. Profile parameter: "rspo/store_location".

Make sure that the spooler database does not become too full. Program RSPO0041 is described in Notes 16083 and 41547.

Quite a few printers can be slow in various emulation modes. It may be worthwhile abandoning continuous lines (note 15594). (See Note 15594).

As of Release 3.0A, all users should use the

Option: 'Delete after printing' if possible, to keep the number of simultaneous spool requests in the system to a minimum.

Regardless of the configuration of the R/3 spool system, you can improve spool performance to a certain extent by the way in which you generate spool requests in applications. Performance is better if you create a few large spool requests instead of several smaller ones. The amount of data transferred and the overheads involved with establishing links to the external spool system are reduced. If you can configure your applications in this way (for example, via message control), this should improve the performance of your spooler system.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

rakesh_ranjan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishi Das and Abrol for your feedback.

My question is nore specific to what we are seeing in SP12, when parameter rspo/store_location is set to db in my system, why there it is showing so many bytes in File against each client in the system.

|Client|TemSe object name   |Number of Bytes in DB    |Number of Bytes in File  |

|000   |                    |                  539728 |                  180988 |

|100   |                    |                   40792 |                54972462 |

|110   |                    |                    1856 |                  891148 |

|120   |                    |                13596966 |               172172374 |

|122   |                    |                40919458 |                73070044 |

If you can answer in this regard, would  be really helpful.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that is the JOB log space not the spool space. So all the job logs are saved in the filesystem.

Please go in Sp12 and then memory allocation and see the breakup in the section of each client .

parameters rspo/store_location :This parameter sets the storage location for TemSe objects in the spool system. The TemSe objects can either be stored in the file system or in the database.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh

As mentioned earlier - when we refer to Tempse data - it means for job logs / spool requests etc.

The data under the file system must be referring to job logs data .  Currently in your system , spool data is stored in the DB table.

Thanks

Rishi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh

The parameter rspo/store_location determines where the tempse request would be stored in your systems :

a) file system (parameter value G)

b)  table TST03 (parameter value db)

In your case , as the parameter is DB , hence the objects will be stored in the DB.

Please see the following link and the SAP Note

TemSe Data Store (SAP Library - SAP Printing Guide (BC-CCM-PRN))

20176 - Where is the spool request saved?    

To clear old requests - you need to use RSPO1041

Thanks

Rishi

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos