cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Control Engine in Soluion Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frends,

Did anyone tried to use ACE for Solman, f.e. for ITSM and Charm transaction processing.

Regards Dan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

If somebody will be interesed here i rised some discussion on CRM space

Regards Daniyar

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniyar,

For me is the first time that i heard about ACE, do you have any link to know more about it ?

Thanks,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

ACE is a dynamic authorization control similiar to your blog post

You may read about it here

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d05af13a-e011-2a10-4b9e-a458f2779...

I'm very interesting in this functionality for ITSM and CHARM usage.

Rg Dan

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the link to the document, i never see that before.

After read the document, i "understand" that the key is control authorization at object level under an organization model, and see that this is a CRM functionality. (I don't have experience on CRM)

Solution Manager run's under a CRM stack, I check on a sandbox (SP8) and see that the path to ace is there, and with more options that are described on that document.

When open ACE-enabled objects i don't recognize any business object from ITSM, and don't know any of that objects.

What is your requirement to use ace for ITSM ? you are thinking to setup ITSM on a environment that already use ACE ? if not, ITSM business roles and basic authorization profiles is not enough for your scenario ?

I can't help you with that topic Daniyar´.

Best Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Thanks for reply, i don't need help in configuring it. Just wanted to share thoughts and listen others.

about usage:

• the standard authorization model usually consist of Role Matrix + PFCG role + business role and you need to ask your basis administrator to create assign roles..
  • with ACE i think we can build a model based on Organizational Structure, after this just putting user in right group will give right authorization. Second usage its a dynamically controlling of ITSM and Charm transactions, f.e. if you are not a Developer in Normal Change you cannot create TR's or else.

I will definitely try it and if come to any success, post it here.

Regards Daniyar

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dan

If you are looking for more concept related information, please check below links

CRM Access Control Engine - CRM - SCN Wiki

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d05af13a-e011-2a10-4b9e-a458f2779...

Regards

Prakhar