cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlier correction and sigma factor in ECC forecast based planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I'm working on ECC forecast based planning and I'm trying to find the settings for outlier control and sigma factor in the forecast profile (MP80 tcode). I'm working on a requirement which is to correct historical data that lies outside the tolerance lane. Does anybody of you have an idea as to where these parameters can be maintained? Apparently, this is part of SAP APO DM forecasting functionality however some of the SAP R/3 documentation mentions the use of this functionality however it does not specify how and where it can be maintained. (Forecast Formulas (SAP Library - Forecasting (LO-PR))

I'm wondering if any of you have come across this functionality on the ECC side.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, the link you mentioned is for PP-SOP, where you use MC94 to perform forecast with a forecast profile set in MC96. The one you mentioned (MC80) seems to be an PP-MFC (MM-CBP) functionalitiy where there is no outlier correction setting ...

Development for both PP-SOP and PP-MCF are already stopped by SAP. The functionalities are totally moved and enhanced in APO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I have found in ECC is that the 'outlier correction' is part of the forecast profile maintained via S&OP (in configuration) and not via MC80. It seems to be that the S&OP based forecast profile cannot be used directly and that it can be used only via S&OP. What I have found is the 'delta' smoothing factor in MC80 that seems to suffice this requirement.

I agree that SAP has moved its investment into APO however there could be some basic forecasting requirements that ECC can continue to suffice (just my opinion).