cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving changes in ChaRM TR in ECC DEV - RFC Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I tried to save a customizing change to a transport request (created from SolMan ChaRM) in my ECC DEV client, I got the following error on RFC going back to SolMan.

As I understand, this BACK RFC is used by SDCCN but not ChaRM related. All SMSY (TWW, TRUSTED, READ) RFC from SolMan to ECC DEV is working fine. In my understanding, the TRUST RFC on ECC DEV should be used to connect back to SolMan. Is it correct?

May I know "where" is the place to maintain the RFC destination that ECC DEV will use to "jump back" to SolMan after saving the change to a ChaRM TR.

Thank all for any kind help rendered

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215345
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ferris,

You are getting this issue because there is error in back RFC.

Just regenerate all rfc's to and from your development system/solman and make sure everything is green, error will disappear.

Thanks and regards,

Jayadeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayadeep,

The RFCs were regenerated from SolMan LMDB without any errors for SolMan and ECC DEV system.

The odd thing is, when I tried to save the changes to the ChaRM TR, it complains about BACK RFC, which has got the SMB_SBX userid and password saved. I tried amending BACK RFC on the ECC DEV system to Trusted type and "current user", this works perfectly, allowing the user to logon back to SolMan Charm Client after saving the change to a charm TR.

I tried searching for documentation on how a managed system returns back to the SolMan Charm client, but wasn't successful at finding any.

Regards

former_member215345
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ferris,

Back RFC should use SMB_<SID> user only(We normally use current user for Trusted rfc's), check authorizations for this user in solution manager(Profile D_SOLMAN_RFC & other relevant authorizations). Also check whether SMB_<SID> user is locked in solman.

Did you executed "Check" from Solar_project_admin under Change request management tab ??

Regards,

Jayadeep

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferris,

• Logon to ERP - DEV and launch SMT1 and check connections
  • Else ERP - DEV tcode SM59 find this RfC and run connection / authorization checks
  • Finally just show it to your Basis team, they should fix it

Rg Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniyar,

ChaRM uses TRUSTED RFC destination, I was not successful at locating the setup of SMT1/2 from the installation guide though.

Does your solution manager system have got a SMT1 setup to all your ECC satellite systems?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferris

Was this working fine earlier and the error appeared suddenly.

Is that RFC destination working in the DEV client , these are automatically created RFC destinations during the configuration process.

Regards

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

The automatic creation of RFCs from SolMan LMDB has been configured without any errors.

So far, this is the first time that I encountered this.

It is odd that the "return" connection uses the BACK RFC, I would think that it should be using the TRUSTED RFC and we secure it with S_RFCACL object.

Regards