cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page breaks and headers with nested table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a complex table which is to be rendered in a dynamic print form.

The table has three nesting levels meaning that on the first level we have material groups, within a material group we have another table with material pictures (2nd level) and each picture has again another table with materials (3rd level). This structure conforms to the context shown in the Data View palette in ALD.

The rendered form should have page breaks at each new material group (level 1) as well as when the end of the content area is reached. This can occur at level 2 or three.

I have draged the whole structure from the Data View into my content area. ALD automatically sets the appropriate subforms to flow content and sets the Repeat Subform flag. I have then created a PDF upon some sample test data. Everything worked fine, page breaks were placed in the correct position.

I then extended the form by a header subform placed at the top of the content area on the body page. The header is to show the Material Group Id which is bound to the corresponding field of the actual Material Group record (1st level. This Id should remain the same after each page break due to a end of page in level 2 or 3. I have played around defining the header as Overflow Leader in the different subforms but I didn't succeed to obtain the correct result. Setting the Overflow Leader on the first level did not render the Material Group Id on the trailing pages of the same material group. Setting the Overflow Leader on the other levels resulted unpredictable page breaks and/or bad data structuring.

Is there any idea for a workaround to resolve this issue? The adobe documentation states about sales reports splitting at different conditions. Could anybody provide a sample demo of such a report?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

René Morel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have simplified the data structure in order to use scripting to set page breaks at distinct data values.

Thanks for helping.

René

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anto,

Thanks for your suggestion. Have you a example of a page break scripting that you could forward to me?

Regards

René

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francois

Thanks for helping but the example doesn't really help. The problem probably is that a data item from the first level (Material Group) must be printed in the header and that data item is not repeated after page breaks on the lower levels.

I'm still trying to fix it.

Regards

René

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

You may have to try using scripting, if you are not able to do it through proper alignment of subforms. Scripting may affect the performance though.. use Form calc scripting..

Hope this may help you in some way.

Kindly update!

Thanks and Best Regards,

Anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rene

You can check the FP_TEST_NESTED_TABLE report with SE38. The FP_TEST_NESTED_TABLE form (TCode SFP) is called by this report and populated accordingly.

I don't know if this would be sufficient for your needs. Did you try using Master Page to display the common data on multiple page ?

Regards,

Francois