cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material not defined for sales org distr channel language DE

syerazvi
Participant
0 Kudos

In the additional data(mm02) of one of the material i have the language as EN and it throws an error as "Material not defined for sales org distr channel language DE". Now i went ahead and changed it to DE and the problem was resolved forever.

What is the purpose of this setting( in MM02 ). I checked the CMR i was using this material with and the customer also belonged to DE. Is that the reason

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Has anyone  read the question carefully and tried to understand the question?

The question is not about where to change, it is about why, because the where is already known.

In the customer master is defined which communication language is used when communicating with this customer.

If the communication language is DE for German, then you have to have all the data that is going to a form as well available in language DE. This is on the one hand the customizing, e.g. for shipping conditions and payment terms, and on the other hand the material description and the sales order text.

The language is key to determine the source from where the texts are pulled. if your customer wants a German text on the CMR, then you have to enable the programs to find a German text, which means you need a sales order text in German language.

if no sales order text in German language is available, then SAP takes the material description instead. If this is not given in DE either, then you get an error like described in the question.

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I too have seen this phenomenon many times :

• Answers unrelated to questions;
  • Redundant Answers without going through the other replies in the post, which might be same

Cant agree more with you .

People have to be more aware of what they are replying.

Just my two cents

Thanks.

syerazvi
Participant
0 Kudos

After some R & D here is what i have found, the material's additional data language should either match the language of the CMR(general data) or the sales organisation(IMG-Definition) under which it is created, until then you would get the kind of error which i mentioned in my question.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

After you delete the Line item and save the delivery, Delivery document is cleared from the LIPS  (though it is available in LIKP )

once you try to enter the Line item, system is determining Language and Distribution channel from LIPS in which Data is empty

unless and until you save the new entry LIPS would not have filled and hence you are getting this error

try to check LIPS for you entry first

revert if you need further help

regards,

santosh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

syerazvi
Participant
0 Kudos

After some R & D here is what i have found, the material's additional data language should either match the language of the CMR(general data) or the sales organisation(IMG-Definition) under which it is created, until then you would get the kind of error which i mentioned in my question.

Varun_GTS
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Syed:

Try this.

Go to Change material (Tcode MM02). enter the material number. Check whether DE language is assigned to material or not.( use additional data tab), if not assign it.

Rgds,

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plz check all your Organizational settings of the Langauge that is Updated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi plz check with delivering plant in the Material master and and language set to English