cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Determine Storage Type and Bin for Transfer Posting

0 Kudos

Dear SAP Community,

Is there any possibility in SAP to perform batch to batch transfer automatically with the following scenario

* I have batch A in many storage types

* I want to transfer this batch A to batch B within the same plant/ sloc/ storage type / storage bin.

* My storage bin is dynamique.

How to default the storage type and how to tell SAP the storage bin is ?

I have tried MB1B, movement type 309. When I do LT05 - system display all the storage type where the batch A sits; manually I have to select the right one. And then again another list of storage bins where the batch sit - and I have to manually type in the qty into the right bin.

Those manual action that I did, is there any possibility to automate them ? Either via configuration or via programming ?

Thank you ...

Best regards,
Susanti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you have your batches distributed stored in several bins, then you have several quants.

the movement 309 is carried out a IM level, the quants are WM level.

Do you know which quant has to be "moved" or "relabelled" when you do your IM movement?

Does it matter? Based on what info do you choose the right quant when you do it manually?

Customizing is usually not an issue if you do your activity for the entire quantity, but it is never easy if you do it only for a part while you have several quants.

0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, you are right ... I do have the batches stored in several bin so I have several quants and I only want to do batch to batch transfer on some quants only; which is quants that sit in storage type AAA.

Manually, yes I choose the quant that I want to transfer.

Seems to me it is impossible to treat this issue with customizing 🙂 Any idea if this can be done via development ?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP has a lot function modules that can be used to develop something: Function Modules and Customer Exits in WMS

But the important thing that you get the logic that you use in your manual decision into a program logic.

0 Kudos

Thank you Jurgen ... I have asked my developer to check the FMs suggested.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susanti,

Have you tried to explore using the movement type reference in storage type search ?

I think it could be possible to direct the system to pick from a particular storage type for the WM movement type.

0 Kudos

Dear Mandpe,

You mean table T334T ? I have tried that ... does not work. I have asked my developer to visit the solution as suggested by Jurgen - one of the function module looks promising.