cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work item sent to user. But he could not see it in his inbox.

0 Kudos

I am working on a workflow which is related to approving Trip expense. The issue is work item is being sent to user and user also gets a notification email on his mail box to approve the expense. But User could not see the entry in his SAP Inbox. What are the possible reasons for this issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Anand

In the workflow log, can you see the workitem sent to the user? (In the Agent Display)?

What is the status of the Workitem?

Are there any deadlines assigned to the work item? (Requested Start)?

Also check -> SBWP->Inbox->Workflows -> List View on the Right Side -> Check the filter Icon for default system wide filters.

regards,

Modak

0 Kudos

Hi Modak,

It is not related to deadline i think. Issue is resolved by onsite once the wrong email address was corrected. But i have another issue where the work item is sent to user. But user could not see in his inbox. Its very strange. What might be the issue?

Btw.. I think.. i know you.. you are working for SAP GD right?

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

"But user could not see in his inbox. Its very strange."

It's only strange if it's in his inbox. Check in SWI5 to see if that is the case.

regards

Rick Bakker

0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Work item was logically deleted and user was asked to resubmit.

I face another issue now. Work item sent to user and user also approved. But its not reflecting in the workflow. User is getting deadline messages and he is annoyed. I could see tha completed work items in SWI5. But the workflow still shows in process. What might be the issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Please check T-Code ST22 , with user ID, there might be the case runtime error get caused. Also take below steps:

1.) To stop the notification just logically delete the workflow instance. This you can do from workflow Log. If you will logically delete Top workitem it will delete the WF instance.

2.) To retrigger the WF use T-Code SWUS.

Thanks,

Prakash

ajeet_choudhary
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Please check user id in SU01D transaction, it shouls not be locked. if it is locked... user will not be able to see work items even if it is pending in his inbox.

If locked , please ask security team to unlock it.

0 Kudos

Thanks Ajeet. Will check that. Between.. Can you tell what might be the issue if work item is already approved but user is getting deadline messages continuously?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

There might be some error get caused during the execution of user. Please check ST22 also once.

Thanks,

Prakash

0 Kudos

I just checked and found that there was some tRFC error ( Tcode SM58) at the same time when user approved it. it might be the reason?

P.S: i am now talking about issue in which user approved and the workflow is still in process.

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the TRFC error. Might be configuration issue or authorization issue.

0 Kudos

yes.. some "No Personal Control Record exists for Accounting" Error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please double click on the tRFC error (Same thing u can check in T-Code SWU2) and try to find what was the error.

Yes I am also saying the same , during the user approval system cause some error (It may be due to data reason or functional reason)  due to which exeecution of approval step not completed and workflow get stuck there only.

Also please check the approver have proper authorization to execute the approval step (T-Code)

Cheers,

Prakash

0 Kudos

unfortunately the tRFC error entry was already deleted and so we could not get more details. I found some screenshot from the past.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Anand!

Hope all is resolved now!

If you know me...you know how to reach me 😉

Cheers!

Modak

0 Kudos

Yeah. Many thanks.   I will trouble you in another thread

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

0 Kudos

Now i face completely new issue. I need to forward some trips to some other user. But when i give PERNR and TRIPNo for that user in SWI6 tcode to check associated workflows i could

not see that entry. But that tripno actuallys exists. Any other way to find relavent workflow?

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try swi14, and fnd out any workflow exist or not

Former Member
0 Kudos

Execute the SWI6 with delegated business object. I mean to say BUS2089 (For T&E) is delegated in your system. Please put the name of delegated BO in SWI6.

Cheers,

Prakash

0 Kudos

Yes Prakash. I do that only everytime,. Only this time its not showing relavant workflow for this trip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please put the screen shot of SWI6. Also I am expecting you have set selection variant and selection period as shown below:

If this is correct then please re-check the client once.

Cheers,

Prakash

0 Kudos

Thanks for the screenshot prakash. But i did the same. selecting All. but it is still not showing the workflow. But the Trip no and Employee no is in PTRV_PERIO table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand Just check whether those workflow gets triggered or not ? You can use transaction SWI2_FREQ with your template number.

Also check the T-Code SWEQADM whether the events get stuck in queue ? Also check the workflow template whether the Event activation is green or not.

Cheers,

Prakash

0 Kudos

i dont have access to both the tcodes

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can give a try with transaction code SWEL. Else you can check the table entry for workflow.

Check table SWW_WI2OBJ by passing combination of key fields (Pernr and Trip Number) in field INSTID. If any entry will exist in this table that means workflow gets created.

Cheers,

Prakash

0 Kudos

thanks. but to which field should i pass these key fields?

0 Kudos

Sorry. I missed the field name before i replied. I put those key fields in that table. that trip got one entry and that PERNR got more entries. Is that right? or there should a combination?

Former Member
0 Kudos

There should be combination.

Cheers,

Prakash

0 Kudos

No. I dont find any combination if i put both the entries in that table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That means Trip Workflow is not get triggered. Please check whether the event linkage is correct ?

Anyways this thread is getting stretched with different issues, can you create a new thread for this please.

Cheers,

Prakash

0 Kudos

yes. Even i felt tat. Will create new one. Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Hello,

As Rick B. suggested either of that might be the possible causes of error.

First check SWI1 and check if it is in his Inbox. if it shows there then tell User to refresh his Inbox.

0 Kudos

Can I check his Inbox from my SWI1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

You can check the user inbox from T- Code SWI5. Just put User type US and SAP ID.

Thanks,

Prakash

ajeet_choudhary
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand ,

you can also check work items pending with user at table level. use table SWWUSERWI to see Current Work Items Assigned to a User.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Best way is to analyze the following:

1.) Check the workflow log, with whom the require work item is lying with ? you can use T-codes to check the workflow log is SWIA and SWI6.

2.) Check whether user ID and mail ID is sync i.e. The mail ID is maintained against the same SAP ID.

3.) If workflow log is showing same user as approver then please check that user have proper authorization and Parameter maintained in his/her profile.

4.) Last one please check the workflow folder of inbox as well as outbox.

Thanks

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please maintain visualization parameters for the task  TS20000118   using Tcode: swfvisu.

APPLICATIONFITV_TRIP_FORM
DYNPARAMWI_ID=${item.externalId}
NAMESPACESAP
SYSTEM_ALIASSAP_ECC_HumanResources

Regards,

Niran

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Check the employee master of this user. Check if the correct email id and user id is linked to the Person ID. Check the Communication infotype 105  subtype 0001 (user ID) and 0010(email ID).

Looks like a correct email ID is mapped to wrong user ID in your case.

Regards

Sandy

0 Kudos

Hi Sandy. My onsite team resolved the issue. Wrong email id was tagged to the user.But that will only create problem for sending email right? What about Inbox notification. It should have worked before right?

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There could be a number of reasons:

- the user does not have the correct authorizations

- someone else has actioned the workitem

- the workitem was never sent to the user (just the mail)

- someone else has reserved the workitem

- the user hasn't pressed Rrefresh in their inbox

I would look in SWI1 to see who the workitem went to. Also check SWI5 to see if it really is in his inbox.

regards

Rick Bakker

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check badi WF_BWP_SELECT_FILTER implemented or not with filter

0 Kudos

I dont find that BADI.. the spelling is correct? What is the use of that BADI?

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

spelling is correct. It is used for validation of workitem to show in SBWP