SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversal of Drop shipment order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm new to SAP and i'm creating a business process document for once of the client, i could like to understand the process/procedure involved in SAP when a customer wants to return a product which they ordered.

Here, the E-commerce order is a drop ship order and created through retailers website and in SAP sale order --> PR--> PO --> Statistical good receipt --> invoice --> billing and all got created. Either due to damage in the product the customer is willing to return the product, in that case what are all the step by step procedure to reversal the order and refund the amount to customer. Also if customer return the product to retailers store then how this reverse logistic works.. Share with me your knowledge/documents...

Regards,

Sivagami

1 REPLY 1

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP best practice does not tell you to create a return order and return delivery for 3rd party shipments. Ideally , you would not like to take back the goods in your own plant for goods that were delivered by a 3rd party.

If any goods are damaged then customers will return the goods .For that you need to raise the credit memo based on the original billing document .

Based on the returns company will  will then create a debit memo to the vendor.

If your client takes back the goods in his own warehouse, then you can follow the process of return delivery or else it is not required .

Refer SAP note for details :751609 - Returns for third-party process (cancellation)