Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Transaction VL01NO

former_member187610
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing a problem while executing VL01NO transaction. The business scenario is as follows:

Step 1: Create a delivery order with material ABC and Qty 10.

Step 2: Save the DO

Step 3: Re-entered the DO and deleted the material ABC and saved the document.

Step 4: In change mode (VL02N) i tried to enter the same Material ABC and Qty 5. Then press the enter button.

Step 5: Getting an error message as shown below:

Material XXXX is not defined for sales org. XXXX distr.chann. lang. EN

Kindly advice how can i provide a permanent solution to this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharan,

I replicated your issue , basically issue is when you are trying to create delivery without reference to any order at that time you have to enter the sales area and material , it will check whether the material exists for the sales organization and distribution channel , validation will work and delivery will be saved.

when you go in change mode of delivery and then enter the material and press enter , then it will validate the material with sales organization and distribution channel since you have deleted the item there will be no item in the table and hence distribution channel will be space and when you try to validate the same material with sales organization( 1000) and distribution channel ( space) it will throw the error .

Issue is it is taking the distribution channel as space,  since material can not be maintained with space distribution channel for an organization , this is the reason of error .

solution : if you populate the distribution channel in change delivery and then enter the material , then it will not throw any error .

Thanks,

Rajeshwar.

krishna_mohan34
Participant
0 Kudos

Try to create new delivery with reference to the same sales order.

connect me to my team viewer,

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be some special characters (space ) populating while entering the same material.After deleting the material you need to come back again to add the material in the delivery date.Do not repeat same step without refreshing in VL02 N transaction.Some times system will take time to update the data in the tables.

nisha_sharma1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Please maintain Descriptions in the additional data (description tab) in MM01/MM02 in English(EN).

Regards

Nisha

krishna_mohan34
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

You have selected the wrong material or check the mm03 whether the material has been extended to that S.o and Distribution channel or not.

former_member187610
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

The same material i have selected earlier for creating delivery order and it worked fine.

Regards,

Sharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Enter the material and sales org. in table MVKE to check if the material is extended for the relevant sales org.

Also check the plant on the delivery,

Regards,

Ram

former_member187610
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I checked and all the configurations are in place.

Regards,

Sharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharan,

CHECK  YOU ENTERED SAME MATERIAL OR NOT.

Regards,

Prasad.

former_member187610
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

I entered the same material and same qty again.

Regards,

Sharan