cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opentext Archive Server connection failing SAP ECC6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Regarding the connectivity from Open Text Archive server to ECC system I have performed the below steps -

1. Installed open text archive server with the following combination - MS SQL 2012+tomcat 7+archive server 10.5.

2. Created original archive (archive pool and volume) in open text administration client.

3. Created SAP system and SAP Gateway in Open Text administration client with below details. While testing connectivity from Archive server to ECC it is getting failed with following error message -

Test of connection failed:

No suitable R/3 gateway available for access from client tpcoad to R/3 ECD.

Screenshot attached of the details of connection

ECC system details -

hostname - tpcides

SID - ECD

Sys no - 00

Archive Server host - tpcoad

Please help me to resolve the issue. Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Tarak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Radek_Uhlir
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a similar problem. I have installed AC 20.2 and SAP S/4HANA. I followed the same steps as OpenText documentation advice. I am sure I have the correct IPs/aliases, mask, instance number, user, etc.; I tried aliases and also IPv4 addresses just to be sure. I can see the gateway process listening on port 3301 (33<NN>), but still I am getting the same error. There is not even a timeout/delay - error shows up immediately when I press "Test Connection". I also tried code page "4103".

Is there a way how to get more info on where is the problem?

Should I do something on the SAP side that is not mentioned in OpenText documentation?

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Users,

Take reference of the following entries to resole this issue.

Subnet Address: 172.16.0.0

Subnet Mask : 255.255.0.0

Sap system connection: <default>
Gateway address: SAP Application Server were Gateway process is running

Gateway Number: Instance number in two digits where Gateway process is listening

And Save the Entry and Test the SAP System connection which are in that mentioned subnet address range.

If you keep subnet address with IP like 172.16.31.0 then keep subnet mask entry with value 255.255.255.0 . This is the causing factor for failure in connection if it is not maintained according to subnet address.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to put the IP address instead of gateway name.

0 Kudos

Hi Tarak, have you solved this issue? I'm facing the same problems here, maybe i can implement a similar solutions. Thanks, Andrea