cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control tab in Policy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

(1)In the controls tab of a policy, the regulation drop down is not showing any of the regulations.

(2) Also the results of the Control Design, Self Assessment are not being updated in the screen, even after performing the respective activities.

Could anyone suggest what could be the reason for the same.

Regards,

Ramakrishna Chaitanya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramakrishna,

To enable the regulation DropDown list, you must proceed with the following:

First, make sure you have performed the steps below:

1. SPRO

2. Governance, Risk and Compliance

3. Common Component Settings

4. Policy Management

5. Maintain Policy Source Categories

6. Add the Policy Source "Regulation and/or requirements"

This policy source will appear in "Policy Source tab" in the policy creation.

Select the  "Regulation and/or requirements" and click on "Add Source" button. Now, assigned the available regulations and save.

I attached a screenshot for your reference.

Thank you,
Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fernando,

Thanks for the response, now we are getting the regulations in the drop down list, but could you please help us in understanding the purpose of that regulation drop down in the "controls tab" of a policy.

Regards,

Ramakrishna Chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramakrishna,

The policy sources tab is optional.

It provides a library of source categories used to specify the source that led to the creation of this policy. Under the REGULATIONS AND/OR REQUIREMENT source, you can link your policy to the SOX regulation area, for example.

Let me know if further explanation is needed.

Thank you,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fernando,

Thanks for the response

As far as the policy source is concerned, I have understood the purpose of the REGULATIONS AND/OR REQUIREMENTS.But coming to the controls tab of the policy, I am not able understand the link between the regulation drop down and controls/IELCs in that tab.

Regards,

Ramakrishna Chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramakrishna,

The control tab is also optional in this case. Process Controls just gives you the possibility to make the linkage between control + regulation + policy to enhance the chance of compliance.

Let me know if this information is enough.

Thank you,

Fernando

Answers (0)