cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NW740 installation error

bharathyp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I believe I am more than half-way thru the installation, and I am getting this error : (screenshot is better)

The log of brconnect.log shows this

BR0801I BRCONNECT 7.40 (1)

BR0805I Start of BRCONNECT processing: cemvqbum.sta 2013-12-27 12.28.56

BR0252E Function fopen() failed for 'C:\oracle\DEP\sapcheck\cemvqbum.sta' at location main-6

BR0253E errno 2: No such file or directory

BR0121E Processing of log file C:\oracle\DEP\sapcheck\cemvqbum.sta failed

BR0806I End of BRCONNECT processing: cemvqbum.sta 2013-12-27 12.28.56

BR0280I BRCONNECT time stamp: 2013-12-27 12.28.57

BR0804I BRCONNECT terminated with errors

what can I do?

Just a quick background about the system.

This is a windows 2008r2 x64 bit running ECC 6.0 Ehp6 IDES on Oracle DB (this is running fine with out any problems), I did not install a separate DB i am using the same DB SID to install.

I ran in to this error any ideas on what to do next?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Your DBAtools(Brtool) is having the authorization with old ides ,,,,do one thing give 777 to BRTOOLS

to run the statistic and try ,,,

Rableen

bharathyp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Windows OS how to proceed?

I am using administrator account.

Former Member
bharathyp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

But what permission do i have to specify?

as this is the the permission that I already have.

Presently running the option with "continue with old settings" when i restart the installation again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can you have same SID for NW7.4 system if it is used for EHP6 IDES. Have you checked PAM if the os and db version is supported.

This is a windows 2008r2 x64 bit running ECC 6.0 Ehp6 IDES on Oracle DB (this is running fine with out any problems), I did not install a separate DB i am using the same DB SID to install.

I ran in to this error any ideas on what to do next?

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack

Please check this thread - might be helpful

Thanks

Rishi

bharathyp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

I mean to say I am using the same DB SID, which ofcourse means using the existing Oracle DB and not clashing with the ECC SID or also known as SAP SID.

NW 7.4 SID is NDP and my SAP SID is DEP.

So that is what i mean by it.

bharathyp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Tablespace wise I think I am good.

TABLESPACE_NAME                TOTAL_BYTES USED_BYTES           FREE_BYTES

------------------------------ ----------- ---------- ----------

SYSAUX                           608174080                 525795328             81330176

PSAPSR3                         1.5274E+11                1.4119E+11           1.1470E+10

PSAPSR3USR                        52428800                  34668544             16711680

PSAPSR3ODS                       104857600               131072            103677952

PSAPUNDO                        1363148800                 105840640           1256259584

PSAPSR3DB                       4404019200                2533556224           1867317248

SYSTEM                          1205862400                     1197146112              7667712

PSAPSR3700                      9.5725E+10                9.4454E+10           1224998912

PSAPSR3FACT                      115343360             114294784

PSAPTEMP

bharathyp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

All these are for non-windows OS , if you can see my screenshot above the administrators group, which is the group of all the SAP created users fall in to, is given full permission. Any other tots?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

which ofcourse means using the existing Oracle DB and not clashing with the ECC SID or also known as SAP SID.

NW 7.4 SID is NDP and my SAP SID is DEP.

But why is the installer looking in DEP directory if sap SID is NDP.

BR0801I BRCONNECT 7.40 (1)

BR0805I Start of BRCONNECT processing: cemvqbum.sta 2013-12-27 12.28.56

BR0252E Function fopen() failed for 'C:\oracle\DEP\sapcheck\cemvqbum.sta' at location main-6

BR0253E errno 2: No such file or directory

BR0121E Processing of log file C:\oracle\DEP\sapcheck\cemvqbum.sta failed

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

bharathyp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Actually few corrections,

SAP SID (ECC6.0 ehp6) is DEP

SAP Oracle DB SID is also DEP

SAP NW74 SID is NDP, this is what I am trying to install now using the Oracle DB SID which is DEP

Yes you are right, so I am not sure what is that I am supposed to do.

I guess I will just install another DB SID and proceed to install NW.

I will keep this post updated

Tks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What i am worried about is that this NW 7.4 has not caused any impact on your DEP system and database.

Please follow the below note as you are going to install two database host on one system.

Make sure to set the inventory locator when a new Oracle instance is installed.

Note 98252 - Installing two Oracle databases on a host

28392 - Two R/3 Systems on one Windows NT Server

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

Yes offcourse you can do ...i have done lot of time ...

Rableen

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

There is a lack of clarity in most of the replies posted here.

What I have understood based on the information what you have provided is that you are installing an AS Java based on NW 7.4 with the SID is NDP

There is already an SAP system (ECC 6.0 IDES EHP6) running with the SID DEP and the Oracle DBID is DEP.

You are using the same database (Oracle DBID is DEP) for the Java stack.

Correct me if I am wrong.

The phase you are right now is creating the statistics for the Java schema which is SAPSR3DB

The installer (sapinst) is trying to access C:\oracle\DEP\sapcheck directory for creating the log files and it fails.

The reason why the installer is accessing C:\oracle\DEP location is because there is only one database for both the systems (ABAP and JAVA) and the Java schema SAPSR3DB is present in the DEP database.

I believe there is an OS user created called ndpadm.

Can you connect to the system as ndpadm and check whether you are able to run the statistics manually ?

Few things you can try:

Try updating the BRTools to the latest verison of 7.40

According to this SAP note 1838852 - Corrections in BR*Tools 7.20 Patch 31 / 7.40 Patch 1

The error BR0252E Function fopen() failed is present in the BRTools version you have and not sure whether it is also present for Windows versions.

Copy the BRTools used by the DEP system and put it in the location of NDP system and repeat the step.

Give full rights to the OS users.

1173159 - BR*Tools errors occur when accessing "database" directory

Regards

RB

bharathyp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin, you are spot on.

But since this is a VM i took a snapshot before I started this process so I have reverted it back and trying to install a new DB with a different DBID and will let you know.

bharathyp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI all I have sucessfully installed NW74 , by installing two different Oracle instances ofcourse with two different DB SID's in the same system (VM)

But the question still remains as to whether is it possible to install the NW instance by making use of the same DB SID as for the ECC 6.0, I believe it is possible if you know what you are doing.

But for those referring this question in the future, take note that installation procedure is no different.

Here are some screenshots to show my installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is quite clear that there is a problem with log file which should be processed (either read or write). There could be a problem with correct rights for this file.

Try to have a look if the file exists. If it exists, check the permissions for this file. BRCONNECT (or user which is running brconnect) might not have enough permission to process this file.

If it not exists, try to check rights for creating this file in given directory.

Second problem could be full tablespace of this file.