cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dazel print in sap enterprise solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any one have ideas what present Dazel Output Management System version?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Florian has streamlined the answer allready. A few comments I would like to do.

1.) YES DAZEL is since about 5  years now owned by HP and called HP Output Server

2.) HP is unforzunately givving up on this product, so no active sales anymore

3.) alternative products would be:

Company: LRS                    Product: VPSx

Company: Hollandhouse      Product: UNISPOOL

Company: AKI                    Product: Printaurus
(AKI and Hollnadhouse have a cloese Cooperation)

Company: xxxx                  Product: INFOPRINT

Company: xxxx                  Product: Columbus

Company: xxxx                  Product: Streamserve (Spooling part)

etc......
There are others on the market, the major decision points should be goog local support, licensing costs and SAP BC-XOM certified (thats at least my view!)

You will find convertion possibilities from DAZEL via EXCEL to any of the above named products!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Florian and Michael. Your inputs will be helpful.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

sureshs58
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am HP Output Server Administrator. Latest version Dazel 4.1. HP supporting all the Customer's for this product.

0 Kudos

Hello Suresh, nice to meet you.

Are you an HP employee?

sureshs58
Discoverer
0 Kudos

No. I am not a HP empolyee

0 Kudos

I am an active HP Output Server customer... I hope they have not "given up on it" we're still paying maintenance and receiving support...

We use it extensively and have since before HP acquired the product.

You can find factual information here:

HP Output Management Solutions and Software - Software product information

0 Kudos

We are currently migrating our extensive HP Output Management system  (Dazel) from Solaris to SuSE SLES and upgrading to version 4.1.

We're still getting great support from the HP support team, even after the "HP breakup"...

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi chandrashekhar,

wht exact do you mean. Do you just want to know what it is, because you read it somewhere?

Or do you have to convert something to the Dazel Language?

In case of just throwing a question in the room, there won't be that much answers...

But, if you got experience with Dazel, share it with us

Regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for looking into it. It was a question raised on Dazel in SAP environment, effectively used for Printing, Fax, Email purpose.

I don't know Dazel exists in the market now, but I heard HP acquired it and named it as HP output management servers.   I would like to know  more about product which suit for my SAP environment.  It would be good either Dazel or HP OMS or equivalent product would know fit into our sap r/3 environment.

We are migrating all R/3 environment printers,email and faxes  from old dazel software to new environment ,  so the new environment doesnt have the dazel software , looking for similar type of product which could effectively used for Enterprise SAP Print management .

Please let me know if this information is good enough to know answers from forums?

Thanks,

csk

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi csk ( it's much easier to spell *haha* ),

and yes, this is a good description, so people with experience there will be able to help you.

My first call would be HP direct, because HP is in the SAP Vendor Program and therefor they got a excellent support.

They will give you the correct answers fast and the information is from the publisher itself.

I just read not that much about the Dazel-software and also asked me if it will be possible to use in an SAP-System. I think you can build printers, which encode in dazel so you can use it afterwards, but I'm not sure about that.

If there is Fax and email support right out of the system? I'm not sure, because the technic in SCOT isn't that flexible right now... but we will see. If you contact HP please let me know. This is a very hot topic for 2014 i think.

Regards

Florian