cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with repository & target models

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using PD 16.5 and am having a problem with links to target models being broken when I integratea a model from one branch to another in the repository.  Any recommendations or any best practices documents for working with the repository so links don't get broken?

Thanks,

Pete

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member185317
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

What version are you using, as I know there were some fixes to branches in one of the recent SP's. You may want to look at the readme or whatsnew file in the PowerDesigner root directory.

BR,

-Matt C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

We standardise the model location used by all of our team members. The NamedPath for _LOCALMDL will point to a folder on the users PC and the directory structure under that will be the same for all users. This should avoid the issue with lost target models.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

Did you ever get this working?

My question is more basic than working in a branch.

When there are multiple users sharing models, checking out of the repository, making changes, checking into the repository, how do you avoid issues with target models, such as if you check out a model containing external shortcuts, make changes & check them in, and I subsequently check out the same model, how do you avoid the model trying to resolve the external shortcuts by looking for a model file in the location where you checked out the model?

Do you have all users/modelers check out to one central network folder? This would seem risky, should multiple users need to work on unrelated changes simultaneously.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.