cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete used code groups in CS notification in Quality management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am trying to delete some previously used codes in CS code group in QS41 transaction code, As per my requirement those codes are not required i want to delete nearly 70 codes in CS code group, but at the time of deletion it is giving error as

"Code 0001 is being used and cannot be deleted

Message no. Q3221"

i tried to convince my user but he is not agreed to keep those codes, he want's to delete the entire codes list and create new codes,so is there any other possibility please guide me, if i maintain deletion flag for that code group (CS) level how it'll effect please guide me

Thanks in Advance,

Krishna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member211676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

Generally Codes and catalogs cannot be deleted.

"if i maintain deletion flag for that code group (CS) level how it'll effect please guide me"

If you follow the below steps to maintain  deletion flag then code group wont be displayed while creating master data.

Step1: Complete all inspection lots.

Step2: Create your required code groups.

Step3: Replace the old code groups by new created.

Step4: Delete the selected set codes and maintain deletion flag to selected set in QS51.

Step5: Maintain deletion flag to code group in QS41.

When creating the master data (MIC) system wont show codegroup to the user in dropdown.

Regards

kesava

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member338769
Participant
0 Kudos

You cannot deelete codes if they have been used.

maybe create new catalogues and them assign these new catalogues in the config for your notification type?

That way users will only see the new catalogues which will not be showing the old codes or codes that you do not wish to include.

former_member221124
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

you can check the below link.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3148446

Regards

Mohanty

0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Please check below link for solution

Link: [deletion of catalog codes in plant maintenance]