Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing BW packages in /SSF/PTABBROWSER for BPMon / BPA

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configured Business Process Analytics for monitors of Finance, Procurement and Sales. Taking these monitors as reference I have also created BPMon monitors. The data is being collected for BPA but based on that alerts are not getting triggered in BPMon for Sales and Procurement monitors.

When I checked in the managed system in /SSF/PTABBROWSER I found the BW_* packages for those monitors with namge Doc_List.

There are many entries, in millions, and so the extractor is not able to extract it to Solution Manager and thus the alerts are not getting generated.

The managed system is a production system.

Is it safe to delete these BW_* packages in the managed systems /SSF/PTABBROWSER  so that new alert trigger can be started for BPMon?

Regards,

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

Regarding on your issue, I recommend to open SAP customer message for RCA.

As you might know, BW based alerting (reference BPMon monitor of Analytics monitor) trigger BPMon alert when the aggreate data becomes available in SolMan Analytics Cube.

According to your information, it seems analytics works.

(Do you also mean analytics aggregated data available in Analytics Cube right ?)

In that case, I assume some issue in BW based alerting part.

For BW based alerting there are some corrections like below (following notes contains several corrections for BPMon infra including BW based alert). But I am not sure whether following notes help your issue. If you need precise answer, please contact SAP support via SAP customer message (OSS).

1761039 Advance Corrections BPMon SM 7.1 ST710 delivered with SP08

1801801 Advance Corrections BPMon SM 7.1 ST710 delivered with SP09

1930474 Advance Corrections BPMon SM 7.1 ST710 delivered with SP11

On managed system PTAB data, please do not delete without the instruction by SAP support.

Normally it should not be deleted since there are certain step to manage PTAB data for aggregation etc.

Regarding on the  BW_DOCLIST PTAB data, I guess it comes from some key figure like automation rate or lead time key figure. These key figures requires list of document that already measured to avoid double count.  So if these key figures are used, it might exist.

(I do not know detail synchronized mechanize with analytics. But in normal system, it appear if these key figures are used. If it is deleted, I think relevant key figure data <auto rate, leadtime> might corrupted due to duplicated counting..... So please do not delete).

I think you already did lots of RCA already, and without checking system in detail, it is difficult to judge the real problem part. So I recommend to hand over SAP support for further analysis.

Best Regards

Keiji Mishima

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Keiji,

I believe that the for BPMon / BPA purpose the PTAB is used only to hold the collected data for the time being till it is extracted by the BPA extractor.

I faced similar issue in my training system where SAP suggested to delete the BW packages. only then the alerting started.

Its like for "Purchase Requisition created" as one keyfigure. There will be one BW package for it in PTAB. So when the BPMon data collection happens the data is stored in it till it is extracted by the Solman extractor. Now if by some reason it is not extracted then when the next data collection occurs that data will get added.

In my case for one keyfigure BW package in PTAB there were data for multiple days data collection. For last many time the data did not get extracted and so the list has become so big that it can no longer be extracted by the Solman extractor.

I guess those who have setup multiple monitors or with a high frequency would have faced such issues.

Regards,

Vishal

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

Your comment is correct.

In my understanding,  aggregation package for normal  through put and backlog key figure were deleted after  extractor collection.  But what you mention is the data from auto rate/leadtime.

Probably, last 2 digit of the entry start 5*(leadtime) or 4*(autorate).

For these 2 key figures, the logic slightly different.

Anyway, without looking the system, it is unclear whether these leaditme/auto key figure data block alerting or some other analytics pending data prevent extraction. So please raise sap ticket.

[your problem BPMon monitor do not have analytics data in analytics cube ?  then as you assumed, there are some issue for extractor side. But if your problem BW based BPMon monitor always have aggregated data in analytics cube, then I think it comes from another point (probably alert trigger part within solman against analytic cube have some issue)].

best regards

Keiji

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

In my case the data is collected in  BPA but the alerts are not getting triggered so there is a problem in alerting infra.

I had a similar problem earlier but it was a training system and SAP suggested to delete the BW packages. I am not sure whether at that time I had any lead time or automation rate monitors configured.

Also have you used the % key figures. Like % of Open Sales Orders. I have configured it in but am not getting any data in BPA for it. In BPMon I have some % values for that key figure.

Regards,

Vishal

Answers (0)