Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman - Abap System Managed System SW Components prerequisites

hasanajsh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am checking the documentation and I am confused regarding the prerequisites to take care of in an ABAP based managed system.

Solution Manager 7.1, SP 08:

• ST-PI: Release: 2008_1_700 Level: 0007
  • ST-A/PI: Release: 01P_700 Level: 0000

Managed System: SAP ERP CC 5.0:

• ST-PI: Release: 003C_640 Level: 0001
  • ST-A/PI:

Could you please give some info what should be done to not have problems with the configuration?

Thanks...

Regards,

Shkelzen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Shkelzen,

Try this - ST-A/PI 01Q_640

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shkelzen,

Always will check the se38 -> RTCCTOOL for plugin status and also go to solman_seup -> managed systems configuration -> check the particular system plugin-in status is green or red. if the status is red need to update the ST-PI and ST-A/PI plugin .

Rg,

Karthik

hasanajsh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello karthikeyan,

You mean in both systems?

Thanks

hasanajsh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking to do the needed stuff in advance, in fact.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moreover

you can use the settings option to see ST PI level and ST API level at one glancein your managed system setup or

simply choose anyone click on Show details tab and it will be displayed like below

hasanajsh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, right.

After activating the Data Collection programs in RZ70, I am able to see, as in the figure:

And, this is not specific at all.

Thanks

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't install the same ST-A/PI on both systems, as the managing system is the latest one. Its always better to run the RTCCTOOL to find out the missing plugins before carrying out to solman_setup.

regards

kartik

hasanajsh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right.

I was able to install and patch ST-A/PI after some more search and your suggestions of course.

I will try to give some feedback to anybody which may have the same questions in the future.

Note 69455 explains in detail the ST-A/PI installation etc. Basically, it will depend on the SAP_BASIS release of the managed system itself.

After that, RTCCTOOL (ST-A/PI needed to use it) that you mention (from transaction ST13) will guide to the ST-PI installation/upgrade. In my case it was a delta upgrade needed as an old version was already installed.In this case, too, it depends on the SAP_BASIS level of the managed system.

Still need to import and install, but in one of the notes it is said that the latest tp and r3trans is needed, so I am trying to figure out if I need to make some update of them. I prefer not to, but would like to know if there some way to understand if the current versions would be ok. do you have any idea about this, how can I check?

Moreover, http://service.sap.com/supporttools has the needed information when you go to the specific sw package download page.

Regards

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shkelzen,

what's your current kernel patch level in managed system, it always advisable to use latest to avoid any disturbances. Curious to know if some tool or docu is able to explain the version suitability esp regarding kernels.

regards

kartik

hasanajsh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can easily upgrade the R3trans and TP without upgrading the whole kernel. Just download the TP.SAR and R3trans.SAR from marketplace for your OS release and extract to the existing kernel location. You can upgrade these tools without downtime.

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shkelzen,

Better to apply the latest the patch to tp - 400 and R3trans - 413 based on your OS and DB. Make sure you have the backup of old kernel in case of reverting.

regards

kartik

hasanajsh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion, karthikeyan.

Aren't these tools DB independent?

Regards

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Shkelzen,

R3trans and tp are database independent, i always prefer to upgrade all the components of kernel both database independent and dependent whenever needed having the backup of old kernel.

regards

kartik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In my opinion and experience,

it is always best to have latest patches of ST PI and ST API across your landscape including solution manager and if they all the same your will have lesser amount of issues during managed system setup.

hope this clarifies.

Regards

Prakhar