cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Solman_WorkCenter Navigation Panel Common Tasks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expect,

Any idea on how to configure the link under Common Tasks in SOLMAN_WORKCENTER?

Currently when i click on New Request for Change under Common Tasks, it will direct me to Solution Manager IT Service Management page with below pop out.

I would like to configure the link under Common Tasks so that it will directly go to ZMCR. Any solution or idea on how to do so?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I get the solution by inactive the SMCR trans type in CRMC_PROCESS_MA.

Thanks for all the solution suggest.

Thanks

Best Regards

Remy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

more reference for common task customization, check out wiki too http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMAUTH/SM_WC_VIEW

But my understanding for your case, no customization required, just do the dno_cust04 settings suggested by Lusi. just remove the unwanted process_type_add parameter. That solves your requirement.

Please check,

Best Regards,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis and Jansi,

I have tried remove SMCR from the dno_cust04, but is still not working.

As my understanding,log in the  authorization object "SM_WC_VIEW" will only help in restricting (show or hide) the option of common task right? It won't help to change the parameter of the link

Thanks

Best Regard

Remy

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Remy

If I look at your issue is not about common task customization but rather the pop up of choosing transaction type

Best way is to first restrict via authorization object CRM_ORD_PR - ZMCR for your PFCG Roles

UC00032 - SAP Solution Manager - Security and Authorizations - SCN Wiki

Next only have one entry in DNO_CUST04 Table as per below note

1625025 - Work Center: Customized Change Request Transaction Type

Above will resolve your issue

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tze,

As my understanding,log in the  authorization object "SM_WC_VIEW" will only help in restricting (show or hide) the option of common task right? It won't help to change the parameter of the link

yes, SC_WC_View is for customizing common tasks panel.

I am not sure the auth object CRM_ORD_PR also helps, you can try.

If DNO_Cust04 can't help, you need to check for missing configuration, check the step 3.1 in the link shared by Prakhar above.

Step 3.1:

Customize the Business Transaction Type for the CRM user interfaces according to the screenshot below:

• Configuration for Incident CRM-UI (transaction: CRMC_PROCESS_MA)

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar

I also have a problem about common task customization. My manager wants me to develop and configure  a new common task,can you tell me how to do this ?

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check my reply on below thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3218783

hope this clarifies

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry ,I forget to tell you that I am developing with ByDesign Studio not NetWeaver.Can you tell  me how to do this?

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tze, to change "Common task" you can use authorization object "SM_WC_VIEW", you will find more information on "Security Guide SP8" on http://service.sap.com/instguides -> sap components -> sap solman -> <current release>.

The popup is loaded because on dno_cust04 you have two transaction types available, if you delete SMCR you will not see that popup, and you will work with ZMCR by default when open ITSM.

if you use ZMCR as your own customized transaction type you don't need standard one.

Regards,

Luis