cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS to link scanned copies of invoices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guys,

I want to know whether there is ability for DMS  to link scanned copies of invoices( Customer invoice/Vendor invoice/Debit and Credit Memo)  and payment advice documents (Customer payment ) to the corresponding accounting document through an automated method.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_deuter
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there is no SAP standard function to do this ... unfortunately. 

You can use "BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKIN2" to upload docs to SAP DMS but you have to do a lot of development to do this.

We realized following steps for our scanning solution:

- define scan process (who, which hard-/software), we are using eCopySharescan by Nuance

- create a label printing app to print labels with a special barcode (e.g. the invoice no)

- a user prints a label with invoice no (e.g. 08154711) and stick it to the paper document

- scanner uploads files to a single path, detects barcode and created additional infos taken

from the barcode

- SAP continuously checks path for documents to upload

- upload report creates a new document info record in DMS, stores the doc and creates an object link

to the invoice

You can use document attachments by archive link interface, too. There are lots of 3rd-party tools - but this is not DMS - it is part of the generic object services.

Perhaps there are 3rd-party-tools availlable to load docs to DMS, too.

But keep in mind: no scanning process runs on 100 percent. You perhaps have to check daily an error pool of not detected barcodes. An automatization makes sense if you store about 20 ... 30 docs and more daily per user, i think.

Regards,

Markus Deuter