Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry Exchange Objects and Push Scenario

b_punith
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone help out to know when exactly Exchange Objects and Push Scenario is used.

Also provide any good documents to work on the same.

Thanks.

Punith

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Punith,

In addition to the fetch, another functional area exists within Agentry to synchronize the module-level data. Called Server Push functionality, this method of synchronization supports real-time communications. When changes occur in the back end system, the Agentry Server can recognize this event and capture the changes. It can then create the objects resulting from the modification and push these object instances to the Client asymmetrically.

This functionality requires a constant network connection between the Client and Server. Therefore this functionality is not implemented in place of fetch synchronization, but rather in addition to it. Implementing this behavior involves the application-level definition transmit configuration, which must be modified to support a constant network connection, and the implementation of a module-level push definition that targets the top-level collection. Once a push has been implemented, user’s will be able to remain connected to the Server through the Client. The push will capture changes made in the back end system pertinent to the mobile application and send those changes down to the Clients automatically.

So we can say that if Fetch is a client initiated process, Push is a server initiated process.

You can take the example of a new workorder. If you wish to notify and send a new workorder to the  logged in user , you can use a Push. The Workorder will be pushed to the user without a xmit(synchronisation). But for this network should constant.

Regarding documentation, you can take a look on:http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01954.0232/doc/html/Insta...

b_punith
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sourav,

Thanks for the Reply.

I'm developing a simple custom application adding to the How-To-Guide Flight Application.

I wanted to use the concept of Push Scenario and Exchange Objects to know the efficient usage of those and to troubleshoot the issues on the same(If any).

Can you please elaborate the usage of Exchange Objects, Provide if you find any helpful document on Exchange Objects which I can understand and use the same.

Thanks.

Punith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Punith,

Sorry I gave you a wrong url last time.Hope you will find this helpful.

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01993.0300/doc/html/Refer...

b_punith
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steel

Answers (0)