Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC Routing Rule

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement from the client where they want the workflow to have one more stage after auto provisioning is done. They are looking for this requirement because of their business design.

Now on which condition can I send the workflow to next stage in the same path after auto provisioning is done? If possible or come across this scenario please suggest.

One more option is once auto provisioning is done, i am thinking to route my workflow to different path. Here also on what condition, it should be routed to new path is confusing me.

Experts, please advice.

Regards,

Madhu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello,

Auto provision can happen either end or path or end or request.

once that is closed how you can route.

explain your requirement so that we can provide some inputs. closed stuff can be reprocessed in same request.

Regards,

Prasant

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasant,

We have one workflow, say create user workflow with 3 stages.

1. Manager

2. Business Owner

3. GRC admin

Workflow is working fine, users are getting created and no issues with this. In our client environment, when a user is created in SAP, then only they can assign some business workflow is assigned to the user and this is common for all users of SAP. So they asked me, once the user gets created through auto provisioning after the GRC admin stage, they need another stage after GRC admin stage to continue and in that stage there will be the team who are responsible for that stage and will assign business workflow for the user in SAP system and then close the stage and then the workflow gets completed.

Basically they need one or two stages after auto provisioning is completed in GRC. Is this scenario possible?

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

still not clear.

let me put what I understood.

all 3 stages are completed and user get created.

after that they need 1 more stage????

and what is business workflow to assign??

once stage is completed  you workflow is complete.

than can have additional stage before auto provision happens.

not after its closed.

Regards,

Prasant

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasant,

To keep it simple, client is asking for one more stage after user is created instead of the workflow getting closed.

One scenario is like a user requested for PO approve access through GRC and required role has been assigned to the user. But user needs to be set up in the backend system business workflow as approver which happens outside GRC.

Though that happens outside GRC, client is expecting to have a stage with an approver and this person will assign user as an approver in business workflow in the backend system and then updates while approving the stage with comments that user has been added as an approver in the workflow.

Generally we will not have anything to do with the things which are perfomed outside GRC. But they are asking to check if there will be any feasibility to add one stage after auto provisioning.

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

this example was good.

see  this can be achived .. if you identify certain scenario.

like example for PO approval you have certain role eg ROLA.

so you can create a routing rule based on Role name .. and put I at GRC admin stage.

so at grc admin after GRC admin approves your routing rules gets triggred.. if it has ROLEA

then it will only detour ROLEA.. and rest will get provision bsed on you provision setting is set to provision at the end of each path.

and ROLEA will got to another path with stage as per you requirement.

those team can verify request and main users and close it and PO approver role will be assigned.

Regards,

prasant

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasant,

Actually their requirement is little different...where they say that they can assign user to workflow only after the role is assigned.

However i will set up a workflow with this approach and will explain them that user will be created in one path and workflow will continue in another path if certain role is selected and in that path they can approve the role and can assign them in the workflow.

I will test this scenario and will update you.

Thanks for your inputs.

Regards,

Madhu.

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasant,

I tried this scenario.

My New Account workflow has 2 stages

1. Manager

2. Role Approver

My routing role condition is for New Account and Role Name "X" go to detour path "Y".

Provisioning Settings: At the end of each path.

Created a GRC request for New Account with Roles "A" and "X".

Stage 1: Manager approved

Stage 2: Role Owner Approved

From stage 2, routing condition satisfied, so my workflow got re-routed to Detour path with role "X".

But in my original path, since it was approved in both the stages, user should have been created with role "A", but it is not creating the user.

Detour path after approval also nothing is happening. Request status shows that No Provisioning logs available.

My requirement is in the main path user should get created and in the detour path only that role which satisfied the condition will be provisioned after approval in the detour path.

Am i missing anything here?

Please advise.

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello,

in maintain provision settings.. select provision at end of each path.. not end of request.

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I have already manitained it as provision at the end of each path. Any other suggestion?

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu,

Just out of curiosity, did you solve your issue?

Regards,

Artem

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

Yeah, I created a routing rule at my admin stage and routed the request based on role lineitem to extra stage else will end at admin stage.

Provisioning settings - Auto Provisioning at the end of the path

And it worked

Regards,

Madhu.

Answers (0)