Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver 7.4 Java Installation

ipravir
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed the SAP Net Weaver 7.4 (ABAP) in Windows Server 2008 R2.

But i need JAVA instance also. Kindly suggest how i can go for both the installation in SAP System.

Please provide some steps documentation, so that would be easy to apply the same.

Thanks & Regards

Praveer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to login http://<IP>:50$$0/nwa and go to the below location and upload the license.

Rableen

ipravir
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have tried with visual administrator, but while executing the GO.BAT file, it's displaying below information.

What is SUM, please suggest.

Thanks & regards

Praveer.

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You are opening JSPM and not Visual Admin.

Secondly Visual Admin is not present in NW7.4 (I apologize as I overlooked the NW 7.4 in your message)

As this is a system based on NW 7.4 you may follow this link

Licensing AS Java - SAP Library

Regards

RB

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

System will be up only for 30 minutes.

You need to request for the license with the right hardware key.

Follow this link and install the SAP license.

Licensing of the J2EE Engine (SAP Library - Licensing of the J2EE Engine)

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,,

Just restart your SAP System as usually your Java will stay alive for 30 minutes before died (if license is expired). Apply it from NWA at that time interval. If you miss it just restart again

Rableen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveer,

What is your exact requirement with 7.4 version, as our Friend' said and you might have already aware about Dual stack discontinuity from SAP Netweaver 7.4. so please don't try to install Java as an Add in on existing ABAP system. go head with Java as a separate instance.

Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

From version 7.4 sap does not recommend the MCOD environment ....and persion who is upgrading they have to use the splitter tool and split the java stack and abap stack,

Same sid you cannot proceed because you will face the issue in license if you use same sid ....

Rableen

ipravir
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rableen,

Thanks for the suggestion; I have installed the SAP Netweaver 7.4 Java Stack with new database and SID.

But after the 30 min of start time, it’s getting red color for the jstart.exe with License is not valid description.

How I can overcome with this issue, any how some temporary license has to there.

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards

Praveer.

former_member215345
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You need to apply license to the J2EE Engine.

Restart your Java instance and apply license from visual administrator(Server > services > Licensing Adapter)

Thanks and regards,

Jayadeep

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

Starting with Netweaver 7.4 , SAP has discontinued dual stack system except for usage type of PI and Solman.

Please see the below useful links :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60bf3650-e219-3010-ef93-d11928aa8...

Regards

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Download the binaries of java stack also ....install it on the same server with different database and sid ,,

Rableen

ipravir
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rableen,

Can;t we install the JAVA with same SID and Database.

Praveer.