Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding PREVIOUS PERIOD QUALITY INSPECTION STOCK

aravind_sankar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have to move to the Previous period Quality Inspection stock to Unrestricted use.  But I am little bit confused because of previous period. Kindly consider the following scenario:

For a material, I have 150 Qty in Inspection Stock for Current period & 50 Qty in previous period inspection stock.  My requirement is to move the stock from Quality inspection stock to Un-restricted use by doing only QA32 as it will not allow any other stock movement.

But I have only 1 Inspection lot with 150 Qty.  If i clear the inspection lot with current posting period, it will clear the 150 Qty.  But previous period stock still there.  So what we can do in this situation?

Thanks,

Arvind s

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This 50 kg is the quantity in QI stock which was in the Quality inspection during opening of current period or when the period was last closed.

You can post the 150 kg out of QI stock in current period (though it will not change the figures in previous period stock),  which will actually take all the qty out of QI stock.

When next period is opened, this 50 KG won't be visible because no outstanding qty is there in QI stock at that time.

Let's understand this in following way,

• By the end of current period, you leave 10 KG in QI stock.
  • A new period is opened as 10 2014 on 1st January.
  • On 1st jan, 10 KG is lying in QI stock (December stock)
  • This 10 KG would keep on appearing in previous period (Dec 13) till 31 Jan. 

If you do not want see an qty in previous period, you should post all qty out of QI before opening of next period.

You can also refer F1 help for this Quality stock to understand this more precisely.

ntn

aravind_sankar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Stock is laying last month.  But how it came to that stock without any inspection stock.  Can you suggest how i can remove that stock from previous quality inspection stock. 

Thanks,

Arvind S

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't need to remove it actually. It is just representing the qty which was present in QI when the last period was closed.

Do one thing. Run MMBE for this material and you would find 211.997 in UR and 150 in QI i.e your current stock (can be seen in current period as per your snap).

I'll explain it other way for your understanding.

• You don't do any movement with the current stock (211 & 150 ) by the end of current period.
  • When new period would be opened, and you do GR for 100 KG (50 in RR & 50 in QI), stock in current period (Jan or next period) would become 261 & 200 resp.
  • Next, you clear all the qty from QI to RR, so MMBE will show you 461 in RR and ZERO is QI.
  • But in previous period, figures would remain same as 211 & 50 kgs because these were the quantities when the last period was closed.

So basically, you maintain the stock, which you see in the current period, which is in MMBE.

Previous period stock is maintained by system automatically, you don't do it manually.

I hope you are clear with the logic behind it. Pl come again if you have any query

ntn

aravind_sankar
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks lot for your valuable information.

But the thing is I need to activate batch management for the material which is already being used.  For the same activity, i have to nullify the stock in both current and previous period.  That is why i am asking for removing the previous period stock.

If we are not going to remove the previous stock, systems threw error that stock is already exist.

Thanks,

Arvind S

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are correct !!  System would throw error.

If you need to activate the batch management, you need to clear all the stock at 'Plant level'. But as I earlier told, this view is maintained by system automatically, so you need to wait for next period opening to activate batch management. Make sure you don't have stock in QI when the current period gets closed.

ntn

aravind_sankar
Participant
0 Kudos

Oh!!!!

So we need to ask user to clear all the lots which is created in current period before closing this current period.  Is it...????

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No.. you shouldn't have to close out inspection lots to close out the current period.

In many industries that would be almost impossible.  Especially when you have testing that might take weeks to complete like microbiological testing.

For setting the batch management flag with stock please see the info below.  I haven't personally tried these yet but there are available.

******************************************************************************************************

Now SAP provided two reports which can update or remove BATCH MANAGEMENT INDICATOR and BATCHES without removing the material stocks and documents. We need to close only open physical inventory documents.

The below reports update, all relevant documents based on batch activation/deactivation:

• RVBCONVMAT2BM - Sets the batch management requirement indicator.

• RVBREVMATBM - Removes the batch management requirement indicator.

Reference: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b009b1e5-f3df-2b10-7289-ff87d139d...

*******************************************************************************************************

Craig

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mr Craig,

Thank you for sharing this information.

ntn

aravind_sankar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Craig...

Thanks for your support....

I had discussed these things with my client.  But for this note SAP will charge an amount.  So client is not interested to do so.

That is why I am going for stock nullifying method.  

Thanks,

Arvind S

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Like I said.. I hadn't used them.  But I also didn't know that SAP charged extra for them.

Thanks,

Craig

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please close the thread if your query is resolved

aravind_sankar
Participant
0 Kudos

Nitin,

One more query I have.   I have same quantity of stock in "Quality Inspection Stock" Say 1192 KG(both in previous period & current period). And Inspection lot is there for 1192 Qty.

So if i wants to move to Unrestricted-Use, should i post it in previous previous period?? So, i can remove the quantity from previous period also i think so... Am I right???  Will it make any issues??

Kindly let me know....

Thanks,

Arvind S

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mean to say you have this 1192 each in current and previous periods under QI. Besides, you have one inspection lot of 1192. Correct ?

As I suggested before, Run MMBE and see what qty is there under QI. It must be 1192 only, not 2384.

You don't need to post in previous period for any reason (atleast none that I'm aware of). If you see the stock in MMBE and Plant stock in material master, once you close the inspection lot, you won't find any qty in QI in MMBE, also in current period of Plant stock. But yes, 1192 would still appear in previous period QI.

ntn

aravind_sankar
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes .. u r correct...

As we discussed know about the batch management activity, for doing the same i have to remove it from previous period and previous period stock gets vanish once its open the new period for new month.

For the time being, if i wants to clear the qnty from quality stock(both current & previous period), if i post the qty in previous period(in qty posting ) it will work.  That is, it will vanish from the both period quality stock and we can see it in unrestricted.(I did this in DEV and it is working)

So if i do the same, will it make any impact???

Thanks,

Arvind S

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you have been able to achieve this in Dev, I'll suggest you to go further and activate batch management and run a complete cycle in Dev server first.

Run a complete cycle including all your processes from the beginning to QI inspection to end. See if you observe any unusual behavior.

As I told, I haven't tested anything by posting in previous period so I should not comment on something I have never done. I cannot say you should proceed or not if you are able to clear the figures from previous period without running a complete cycle with all scenarios.

Even though, I don't sense any impact if you proceed similarly in prod server, I'd still ask you to test it thoroughly in dev server first.

ntn

joy_ghosh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Aravind,

Please refer the attached image from the QA32.

Here you can enter the current Posting Date/Document Date also for the Inspection lot.

You can test the usage with this option in test server.

Please inform when applicable or queries.

Thanks.

aravind_sankar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Joy,

Thanks for your reply.

But inspection lot is for 150 Qty only and that is for current period.  I can clear this lot by posting on current period.

But still previous period stock of 50Qty is there without any inspection lot.   How can we move this stock to unrestricted?  We cannot use any other movement type to clear because QM view is activated for the same.

I dont know how it is laying in Quality inspection stock without any Inspection lot.   Can you suggest for this??

Thanks,

Arvind s