cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS/DB Migration test run vs cutover

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've gone through several HP-UX to Linux migration process based on R3load (official support method).

For each run, I usually cleaned up the existing copy on target server (uninstall SAP and DB) and restart sapinst, just do it over again.

I'm wondering how I can reduce the effort during cutover run. Can I keep the installation and data files created on test run, and just refresh (I don't know how) the underlying database with final exported data ?

Please share your experience.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

sapinst will take care of the creation of the tablespace and datafiles.

As the target system is on Linux you don't need to do the un-installation using sapinst instead you can delete all the files from the OS level and keep all the file systems empty.

If you are using an Oracle database then you can keep the Oracle installation as it is so you can save time in re-installing it again.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reagan,

Thanks for your sharing.

It looks like removal of existing system (except oracle binary) and rerun sapinst during cutover phase should run in parallel with source export, so as time can be saved.

But what if the export dump are not ready before ABAP import step ? Should I always use Migration Monitor to solve this problem ?

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wilson

You can use parallels export import using migmon it will save your time.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1506152

Please check above link.

Best Regards,

Atul

Answers (0)