cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shelf Life expiration date needs to be checked at the timeof goods issued to production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need your valuable comments on the below issue.

Please let me know in case you have any solution for the below mentioned problem.

We have a scenario where few chemical materials of different storage types need to be checked for Shelf Life and we have already implemented the same (without Batch Management).

Now the issue comes when we need to issue these chemical materials to production line for consuming in the production order. Please not material consists of both BULK and NON BULK items i.e. few materials can be backflushed and few needs to be issued manually to production line.

As of now system is picking even the expired materials while issuing to production as per shelf life picking but that is not correct. System should either block all the expired materials or throw WARNING or ERROR message while issuing the material to production.

Now as we do not have batch management in the system, could you please guide me how to restrict the system to pick all such materials where expiry date is already reached and the materials are already under RED indicator in LX27.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Wish you and your family Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!!!

Thanks & regards,

Nikhil Awasthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP does not check by itself if the expiry date is past.

SAP checks the stock status.

This means if your stock is expired, then you have to take some action and transfer this material from unrestricted stock to blocked stock.

For batch managed material SAP provides a report that can be scheduled and can do this transfer in background without manual activity. Without batch management, it is a human task.

Further, you can customize your system to check the SLED for movement 261, system will then ask the user to enter the manufacturing date when you do the goods issue, like it is done with a goods receipt.

How this can work together with back flushing is not known by me.

You are managing the SLED in WM only, You can use this info to find the oldest stock to be moved first to the staging area. But you still have to remember that WM is a sublevel of IM. And goods issues to production orders happens in IM where the info about this SLED from the quant is not available.

So there no automatic interaction that enables IM to know the SLED from the quant in WM.

Hence you have to be pro-active and analyse the expiration date and create a transfer posting to move expired stock to blocked stock status.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raviraj_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this OSS note Note 394605 - Shelf life expiration date and batches in the warehouse

There are points regarding SLED  in a WM environment  , without Batch Management Active.