Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hybrid app DCN issue in SMP 2.3 SP03

former_member186566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have few server initiated hybrid apps which is built on SUP 2.1.3. Now we have upgraded our server to SMP 2.3 SP03 and we are not migrating our hybrid apps, we keep it with the same version.

When we raise DCN it throws the "no workflow message is sent because no device is found to send the notification", But we do have the user and package also assigned to the user.

Please share if you have any ideas.

Thanks & Regards

Yokesvaran Kumarasamy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even after assigning the user with the app, the user has to activate the WF from mobile to get the notification. Have you checked this ? Try sending a manual notification from the Sybase workspace and check whether you are getting it in mobile.

- Midhun VP

former_member186566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

I'm not sure what this means? "User has to activate the WF from mobile". But i tried to send notification from workspace, its working. Messages are delivered to devices by this way.

If i tried to trigger DCN, it throws the same above error. But it was working for some time, later i re-register the device with new user, after this DCN's started throwing the error message.

Regards

Yokesvaran Kumarasamy

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you can do is get the workflowclient trace to get more information on the issue. Increase the workflowclient to debug. Create a new data in SAP>Click on that user and from SCC and click on gettrace that create a log file.

Check the below link for details,

SyBooks Online

- Midhun VP

former_member186566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi midhun,

In SMP 2.3 SP03, DCN messages will be delivered only to auto registered device users, not to manually registered users. For security reasons they implemented this feature. Further information please refer "Device registration" from the below link.

http://dcx.sybase.com/index.html#smp0233/en/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01920.0233/doc/html/vhu128404756...

Thanks & Regards

Yokesvaran Kumarasamy

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That can also be an issue in your case if you have been trying with manually registered user. The mentioned logs will get you the workflow client related logs that gives information on the DCN too that can help you to find the root cause of the issue.

- Midhun VP

former_member186566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

I dont find any issues in Client log and workflow client log for manually registered device. i think it might be behavior of SMP2.3 SP03. If I found anything related to this, i will share it.

Thanks & Regards

Yokesvaran Kumarasamy

Answers (0)