Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution manager in secured environment

vladimir_kogan4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all.

In the past there was such a guide about Solman 7.01.

In case that all SAP systems are in network without internet and OSS access, two Solution manager systems are installed -one in secured, second in open network.

And it was possible to export/import landscape from SMSY. What about Solman 7.1?

Regards

Vladimir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vladimir, i never found any document for that, but i see something similar on a DMZ scenario.

You are able to open a secure VPN  between that 2 networks ?

Regards,

Luis

vladimir_kogan4
Participant
0 Kudos

Its impossible to connect between 2 networks cause of high security restrictions...

Regards

Vladimir

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hard one Vladimir, la good challenge to beat after year end.

What about something like that:

The key is the information for load LMDB CIM from a updated SLD, LMDB is synchronized from SLD and SLD is updated manually with CR content, so you maybe don't need internet connection to update CIM information on SLD.

You can check note correction on "right" solman and then load it manually to DMZ solman if you need to apply some sap notes corrections.

For mopz, and others solman basic tools (like SDCCN) you can't use it correctly without a SAPOSS snc RFC connection.

searching for more.....

More information:

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/solman-mopz

Workaround if solman is not avairable (...no saposs network), from mopz faqs

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000103142007#17

What happens if my SAP Solution Manager system is temporarily unavailable?

SAP provides a fallback scenario. If urgently required, customers can create a message at component SV-SMG-MAI-APR and SAP will release the required download basket in SAP Service Marketplace.

Your answers:

Can I use Maintenance Optimizer if the SAP Solution Manager is not connected permanently to SAP?

Yes, SAP Solution Manager does not need to be connected to SAP permanently. The connection to SAP is only required during the delta calculation phase and for confirmation of the downloads. All other steps of the Maintenance Optimizer can be done even if SAP Solution Manager is not connected to SAP.

Regards,

Luis

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Think about that Vladimir, if your requirement is only the "mopz" you can use export import SLD content from DMZ secure network to the open one, and then on that solman ("right side") you can create your maintenance optimizer stack file, and then use that file on the DMZ network.

same SLD = same LDMB and you can reuse XML files because the landscape infrastructure is identical.

What do you think ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not seen the guide but can check.

In case that all SAP systems are in network without internet and OSS access, two Solution manager systems are installed -one in secured, second in open network.

Why do you need to install 2 solution manager you can use saprouter .

In case of oss you can also use 2 saprouter.

Solution manager ----All the port needed---> saprouter ------3299------> second sap router ------3299------> This with sap company router

And it was possible to export/import landscape from SMSY. What about Solman 7.1?

In SOLMAN 7.1 you have LMDB which syncs the data from the SLD.

Can check the below blog .

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31457

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

vladimir_kogan4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

There are 2 separated networks. One is internal, without any internet connections. The second is opened one with saprouter.

Regards

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But in the case where i told you ,you dont need internet connection in solution manager.

May be we are getting confused between internet and intranet.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

vladimir_kogan4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

Yes, it is intranet/internet . So I need to create XML file in MOPZ for upgrade. OSS conenction is required for this.

Regards

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have any windows server in the network where the solution manager is or burn the icm port of solution manager from your intranet network and have the setup of the saprouter as suggested earlier you will be able to generate the stack file.

But can still wait for some one if they have other thought.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

vladimir_kogan4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

The intranet SOLMAN has no internet or saprouter access...

Regards

Vladimir