cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Function for creating User ID and Password for replicated vendors from ECC to SRM

former_member190689
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Right now I have replicated the vendors from ECC to SRM. But later on I came to know that there is a business function which automatically creates User ID and Password for vendors , those replicated from ECC to SRM. As for portal login we require User ID for vendors and its not possible to create User ID in SRM system. Does anyone knows about this business function and also the process to do.

We are into SRM 7.0 Ehp2 with classic scenario. And would also like to know whether this is possible or not. If possible has anyone done or maintained. How do vendor's get logged in into portal for bid response.

Also would like to mention that we don't have ROS , SUS and PI

Thanks

Gaurav Gautam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

From my point of view, there is no method to automatically generate user id and password for vendors which are replicated from ECC to SRM.

Usually you can replicate ECC vendors with report bbp_vendor_sync or t-code bbpgetvd, and they are only used to replicate vendor information from ECC.

Then you can logon to portal/NWBC to find the replicated vendor and create contact persons for it.

You can use the logon data for this contact person to logon to portal as vendor.

Where did you hear about this FM of automatic generation of user id for vendor?

Would you please give more hints on this?

Best regards,

Ivy

former_member190689
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivy,

I heard about a function module which was used by one of my friend when he was implementing SRM for one of our client.Now , when I asked him he was pretty not sure about the business function but he told that if PI is there... one business function is there which once activated it creates userid for all transferred vendors from ECC to SRM.

Even I searched a lot.. but couldn't able to find it.. later on I transferred all the vendors but  due to licence issue I can't create user id for all vendors.So probably we will be going for a development for userid creation.

Thanks

Gaurav Gautam

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

There is no standard report or function module to automatically generate user id and password for vendors which are replicted from ECC side.

So I don't suggest you use such method since it is regarded as modification.

Of course, you have to make your development if you would like to have such functionality or you may participate our 'connection program' for customer to help to improve SRM product.

===

From now until 28th February, the phase for collection of all requests

is open as part of our new Customer Connection Program.

To submit a request, go to Focus Topic 'SRM Procurement Platform'.

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/community/influence/cc/srm_

procurement_platform

===

Best regards,

Ivy

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a standard functionality from SUS to SRM to create the user ID (Contact Person) for vendor in SRM (This is required to allow supplier to respond to RFx.

When a contact person is auto created in SUS (after the supplier is successfully replicated into ECC, a update is sent back from ECC to SUS/ROS with the ECC vendor number), a contact person is also created in all the specified systems (systems need to be specified in the SUS configuration - you need to specify the ECC logical system here).

As you don't have the SUS system but need to create a contact person after the replication! from ECC to allow the supplier to login to SRM to respond to RFx - you need to custom build a request to create a contact person in SRM. This request to create a contact person should just use the SAP's standard RFC function modules (no use of PI here) to create a contact person.

Message was edited by: Kasee Palaniappan

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kasee,

The original case is about vendor replication from ECC to SRM without reference to SUS.

As mentioned by you, contact person should use SAP standard RFC function modules to be generated. Would you please specify the FM used for such scenario?

I am not aware of this.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Ivy

former_member190689
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kasee,

Thanks for providing some details regarding user id creation. Also could you please provide some more details as how to proceed and which standard function module you are telling about.

""""" you need to custom build a request to create a contact person in SRM. This request to create a contact person should just use the SAP's standard RFC function modules (no use of PI here) to create a contact person.""""""

I am very much interested in this topic. Can you explain this in more details , please .

Thanks

Gaurav Gautam