Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDIC_Activation and installation status

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there

I'm about to upgrade our Solman from the default stack 04 to the latest one which is 10th and during the upgrade procedure I'm having issues where the cause is unknown (at least to me).

Below is the printscreen, please take a look on it. I see no error message, or problematic object, nothing.

Here is what I did:

1. upgraded the kernel to the latest release

2. Downloaded all upgrades that were needed and uploaded them to appropriate catalogs

3. Executed Saint trx and after 3 days got this window which does not explain .

Is there smth to do with virtual servers? Is there a way how to check on log level what went wrong?

Many thanks in advance.

And yes, Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please past the logs that were updated last in the /usr/sap/trans/tmp  and /usr/sap/trans/log directory.

Also post the slog .

Can you please go in the saint transaction and check which patch has failed and where.

Can you please let me know what is the kernel version you are at and the saint/SPAM version.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

the file here /usr/sap/trans/tmp are huge - 4gb with system ID as an extension?  Which one is the main and most important one... there are hundreds of files with the same extension.

I'm not really good in basis stuff, so therefore my question are a bit lame

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the list file that was updated in there and see if you see any error message.

Also check Alog and slog in /usr/sap/trans/log.

can also go in spam/saint and check the logs in there.

Executed Saint trx and after 3 days got this window which does not explain 

Another thing you got error after 3 days  you got ddic error. Please login in 000 and try to run the below two program.

RDDNEWPP

RDDPUTPP

as it looks like that there was not RDDIMPDP scheduled.

If this is the case try to rerun the import.

But these are just thoughts we cant come to real issue till we get to see the logs. Please get some basis person to check the RDDIMPDP job.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Tx SPAM and there will be icons for log information.

Open the activation log and expand it.

Regards

RB

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mak,

SAINT -- Goto - Import Logs -- Installation queue. Paste the logs

You can use SUM tool to apply stack files.

regards

kartik

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, will try my luck with SUM, have not done this, but already found few articles. But i think that upgrade will with sum again, because the problem is somewhere else than upgrade, most likely smth is missing.