cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In POSC - Outbound Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

IN POSC outbound process I have a query.

While creation of the warehouse task for the process step OB01 how the destination bin is determined?

Storage process : OUT1

Steps: OB01, OB02, OB03

regards,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Source bin for the next process step will be the destination bin for previous step.

In your case detination bin for OB01 will be the source bin of OB02.

Since OB02 belongs to work center it will detremine from /n/SCWM/PACKSTDT ( Work center determination in goods issue).

OB03 belongs to staging area, OB03 step is placed in storage type 9020.

regards,

Jobi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Thank you for the clarity.

In outbound process first task is generated to pick the goods from source storage bin to destination bin.

When I confirm the task system is referring to provide the pick HU (Destination storage type 8030 is maintained as mandatory for HU). After providing the details and confirmed the task HU is updated with step OB02.This means HU is at workcenter. IS my understanding is correct?

Now at this instance in monitor i could not see any task is not generated to process the steps at workcenter?

I could see only the first task is confirmed.

As per process I know that HU is at workcenter and HU to be complted with storage process step ( OB02).

But as a user How I will come to know from /n/scwm/mon?

what I am looking is once goods are at the workcenter there should be a open task to complete the process step of packing.

and this task should be never allowed to confirm from monitor screen.

it should be allowed to complete HU process step from workcenter only.

very much appreciated your support and help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

Please find my reply below.

In outbound process first task is generated to pick the goods from source storage bin to destination bin.

When I confirm the task system is referring to provide the pick HU (Destination storage type 8030 is maintained as mandatory for HU). After providing the details and confirmed the task HU is updated with step OB02.This means HU is at workcenter. IS my understanding is correct? Correct

Now at this instance in monitor i could not see any task is not generated to process the steps at workcenter? why should it have task... you should have waiting task for ob03 which will become active after ob02 step completion.  this waiting task has source bin as ob02 bin and destination as final bin...

I could see only the first task is confirmed. Correct which has droped your mat to WC.

As per process I know that HU is at workcenter and HU to be complted with storage process step ( OB02). Correct no WT only waiting task of ob03.

Check each tab of ob02 wc... and HU completion flag.

But as a user How I will come to know from /n/scwm/mon? as you can see waiting task which means  ob02 step is not done.

what I am looking is once goods are at the workcenter there should be a open task to complete the process step of packing. and this task should be never allowed to confirm from monitor screen. ( there is a waiting task which will get activate after 0b02 completion).

it should be allowed to complete HU process step from workcenter only. correct same is happening for after OB01 for OB02

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suraj,

I tried to workout with outbound process. In outbound process there is no waiting task for the process step OB03. In fact the task for OB03 process step is getting created after completion of step OB02 at work center.

The steps you have mentioned seems more relevant for Inbound process - correct me if I am wrong..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suraj,

I came across this post while trying to figure out the rule based determination of the destination storage type for couple of inbound Processes.

1>Is there are possibility to maintain a determination rule for packing in the inbound process. The rule maintained in /n/SCWM/PACKSTDT is specifically for the outbound process. if I want to move the material from loading to WC for packing is there an option to determine it via rules similiar to the outbound process instead of specifying it in the POSC.

2> Also for any VAS order if we specify the external step in the WC and the packaging specification and maintain the rule based check box in the POSC control will the system automatically determine the WC based on the external step assignment in WC and Packagng specification.

Thanks

Sand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sand,

1>Is there are possibility to maintain a determination rule for packing in the inbound process. The rule maintained in /n/SCWM/PACKSTDT is specifically for the outbound process. if I want to move the material from loading to WC for packing is there an option to determine it via rules similiar to the outbound process instead of specifying it in the POSC.

Ans>> Try to explore WT generic filed in st type is it useful.

2> Also for any VAS order if we specify the external step in the WC and the packaging specification and maintain the rule based check box in the POSC control will the system automatically determine the WC based on the external step assignment in WC and Packagng specification.

Ans >>Yes, with additional config,In this case maintain putaway  so that system can find where it has to go and find search sequence to get actual bin.

Regards

Surajh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

In addition to above post.

In  posc picking bin determines via picking strategy and destination bin is determines via POSC STEPS and its bin table.

If its rule base

ex: OB01 + OB02 + OB03....

OB01 takes picking strategy  and come to posc table and find next step, as its OB02. it find for OB02 is it rule based or table has entry for destination. If it find destination it picks up and update in WT for OB01 WT for destination.

If its rule based it find WC assigned  for step 2 and its bin assignment in /SCWM/PACKSTDT.

and update in WT for destination.

This rule is generic over all process in POSC ( Table or rule )

I hope above explanation will take u to next level of understand towards outbound.

To understand see.

POSC and there external step definitions (here u will find OB02 and OB03)

WC and its external steps assignment ( VERP + OB02)

Tcode >>/SCWM/PACKSTDT.

Picking strategy.

WOCR and there assignment and creation logic.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Very much helpful in understanding
the process.
I have one query here.

From work center I would like to move the goods to staging area.

this i would like to follow with POSC rule based.

In work center configuration I could see that there is a process step
OB03 means moving goods from workcenter to staging area(9025).

But when I see the storage type configuration I could see that in external step OB03 is maintained. What is the relevance here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

""OB03 means moving goods from workcenter to staging area(9025).

But when I see the storage type configuration I could see that in external step OB03 is maintained. What is the relevance here?""

As per SAP details

External Step

The External Step assigned to the storage type is only used if the HU moved into

the storage type has not yet achieved the assigned step within the routing profile

from the process-oriented storage control (POSC). In that case, the step assigned

to the storage type would replace the last completed external step assigned to the

HU. In the case of storage types for work centers, the process step assigned to the

work center is compared instead of the one assigned at the storage type level.

I hope it will help to see details.

now about rule base in OB03 it means door bin as rule based.

So you need to configure outbound door and there sequence in easy excess door determination in outbound which will act as rule based setting.

Regards

Suraj

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

In our case , we bring it to a WC (packing station) and WC is determined through /SCWM/PACKSTDT. Paramater for determination of WC can be influenced through customisation at

EWM->Master data->WC->Optimize WC determination in GI

Regards,

Mrinal

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Determination of destination locations depend on how you set up external steps like OB01 , OB02 etc in POSC. In general , Destination bin is determined from EWM->Cross process settings->WT-Define POSC->POSC if it is not rule based.

Regards,

Mrinal