cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map Numeric Input Parameter of HANA View to BW Virtual Provider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create a BW Virtual Provider to comsume a HANA view with numeric input parameters (Integer and Double). According to the guide, the input parameters should be mapped to characteristic InfoObjects (Is that right?) and I cannot create a characteristic InfoObject of data type Integer or Double or similar. So I don't know how to map numeric input paramters of HANA view to Virtual Provider.

I have read the guide "How To...Consume HANA Models with Input Parameters in BW Virtual Providers" and it uses input parameters of time type as example so I cannot get a solution from that.

Any one has any idea?

Thanks very much and best regards,

Jewel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jewel,

What are you filtering with ? Is it something like material number? If so try with CHAR it may work.

Integer we can only have for Keyfigures in BW right?

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, in my case the numeric input parameter is used for calculation rather than filtering. I have tried to assign the input parameters to infoObject of char data type in Virtual Provider, and it didn't work. When executing the query on Virtual Provider, no input dialog prompts and default value of input parameters are used directly.

Yes, according to my understanding, we can only assign integer to key figures in BW.

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jewel,

So i see you are using input parameters for calculated measures or is it for Dimension?

If measure, you must be assigning it to Key figure info object in BW right?

And on the HANA model level, when you do "Data Preview" is the prompt coming for "input parameter"

?

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Yes, I am using the input parameters for calculated measures. On hana side, the input parameters can be input at a prompted dialog in "Data Preview". The type of input parameters are Integer/Double.

To import an input parameter of HANA View to BW virtual provider, it should be assigned to a characteristic infoObject, and a BW characteristic infoObject can only be of data type CHAR/NUMC/DATS/TIMS. Directly mapping the input parameter to a CHAR type infoObject doesn't work. And I am looking for a way to solve this without changing the hana model itself.

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try using NUMC? i understand it is a data type something like VARCHAR. It is worth a try to do with NUMC.

Can you check once?

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu