cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Installation - DBMS setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I have installed SQL Server "Microsoft SQL 2005 Server Express Edition" on local machine , and installed MDM as well .

I have tried to laod MDM servers "LocalHost" . However I am not able to link the DBMS settings on MDM console to this Server .

Will appreciate all the helps ,

Thanks in Advance ,

Raj .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Sent a installation screenshot doc to you .

Hope it helps ,

- An .

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having the same issue. I installed both MDM 5.5 and SQL Server Express 2005 on a local machine. Although both are running fine, I am not able to get MDM Cosole conenct to the DBMS. I get "Error Getting DBMS Settings" with "Unable to connect with the database server". I have selected Mixed Mode Authentication, hence provided a password for sa during installation. And i used the password to for MDM to logon as the sa user but it doesn't seem to take that. In addition, I tried giving the local host name as the server name as well as SQLEXPRESS. Were you able to get that resolved? I would apperciate any help.

Thanks and best regards,

Muluembet

I

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you set the password for user sa or are u using Windows Authentication.

I had a problem with Windows authentication.

I re installed my sqlexpress and gave a password for sa during installation and iot worked for me

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Tanveer.

<b>Please mark helpful answers</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the name of the SQL in Control Panel..It would something like
SQLEXPRESS

Enter this name as the name of the DB Server and type as MS SQL Server.

Hope that helps.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Tanveer.

<b>Please mark helpful answers</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tanveer for quick reply ,

I done this but still getting error 'Unable to connect with Database Server' and 'cannot get DBMS settings from server' .

The SQL Server 'SQLEXPRESS' is running and i have correct user name and password' .

Please help ,

- Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

follow https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/instguides --> SAP NetWeaver --> release 2004s --> installation --> 3 - Installation - Standalone Engines --> Installation - SAP NetWeaver MDM

Cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunil ,

Basically I have this copy and software . The only thing I am missing is the DBMS skills .

Hope somebody can help me .

Raj .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunil ,

But I am still very far from cheers .

I had done all that earlier itself . My MDM Server is running as well SQL Server .

However , I am not able to tell Console that this is the DBMS to connect . Still getting error 'Unable to connect with Database Server' and 'cannot get DBMS settings from server' .

Raj .