Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SMP 2.3 SP03PL01 for Agentry 6.1.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert

I am new to Agentry.
I installed SMP2.3 SP03 PL01 for Agentry to deploy WorkManager 6.0.

Below is process I did  to install SMP2.3 for Agentry.

1) Install SAP Mobile Platform 2.3 SAP Mobile Platform Runtime 2.3 Win 64-bit  51046295.zip
2) Install .NET 3.5 Framework using Add Feature option in Server Manager
3) Apply patch 2.3 SP02 - 64 Bit   SMP23002_0-21011046.ZIP
4) Apply patch 2.3 SP03 - 64 Bit   SMP23003_0-21011046.ZIP   
5) Apply patch 2.3 SP03 PL01 - 64 Bit  SMP23003P_1-21011046.ZIP

Questions are:

1) Above process is enough to use Agentry Server ?

2) Where is Agentry HOME ?

(C:\SAP\MobilePlatform\Servers\AgentryServer?)

3) How to start Agentry Server ?

4) When I start C:\SAP\MobilePlatform\Servers\AgentryServer\AgentryServer.exe

I encountered error which is "Invalid Serial Number, Invalid User Limit etc"

I don't know how to use agentry in SMP2.3 environment.

Give me advice.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

• In the same folder you can find the "DevelperLicense_readme" file which contains agentry server's serial number, user key, device key and expiration key. Use this fields to install agentry server.
  • Copy and paste the serial number from developer license readme file
  • also copy and paste other required fields.
  • Then you can able install the Development and Production server following by the next steps.

I hope this will help you to install agentry server.

Regards

Yokesvaran Kumarasamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yokesvaran,

Thank you for your helpful reply.

I executed "

former_member186566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tokayoshi osawa,

When i upgrade Agentry server to 6.1.2, I just executed the "agentry-server-x64.exe (6.1.2)" over the 6.0.1 installation and it was working fine.

So it should work if you upgrade by I dont find any upgrade procedure in infocenter.

Installing the Agentry Server for Windows

If you feel doubtful then install development server alone then you can go for production.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The "Agentry_6.1.3.10212_Server_x64.exe" is a Stand alone server and is the same version that is installed with SMP 2.3 SP03 PL1.

So use the server that runs under SMP, you will need to go into the SCC and create a new Application with the Type Agentry.  It will make a new folder at:
<SMP Server>\Servers\UnwiredServer\Repository\Agentry\default\<Name of application in SCC>

Here will be the configuration files and where the Agentry \Applicaiton folder will be.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thank you for you reply.

Certainly I found "C:\SAP\MobilePlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\Repository\Agentry\default\<Name of application in SCC>" in our SMP Server. ( anyway It works fine thought )

1) If I choose SMP-base Agentry ( I don't know right name of it ) to deploy Work Mangaer 6.0, then I don't need to install "Agentry_6.1.3.10212_Server_x64.exe" and I need just install and update SMP2.3 SP03 PL01 ??

2) When using SMP-base Agentry, Can I use Agentry Administrator Clinet ( AgentryGUI.exe) ?

3) When starting C:\SAP\MobilePlatform\Servers\AgentryServer\AgentryGUI.exe

below event (Invalid Serial number, etc) appeared.

In case of stand-alone during installation serial number is entered

but in SMP there is no chance to enter serial number.

How do I enter serial number  in case of SMP installation?

My purpose of this process is to install and run Work Manager 6.0.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Correct

2. No. but you can set the log levels, see active users, and disconnect users using the SMP SCC.

3. You do not need to run the server at this location.  The SMP Server to use for the agentry servers running under it.  When the SMP Server start the Agentry Application the Agentry server will not do the serial checks here, but will get the ones from the SMP Server.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for helpful reply.

In the document of "SAP Work Manager Installation Guide Version 6.0" page 21, article "3.1.2 Configuring Work Manager Client-Server Communications"  there is below description.

Procedure
1. Start the Agentry Administration Client. Connect to the system where the SAP Mobile Platform with
the running Work Manager Server is installed.

If possible please give me advice.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert

if i developed an Agentry Application what kind of license i need

is it  Agentry server license or SMP 2.3 license

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you use the Agentry Stand-alone server (which is only for development) you need to use the Agentry Keys.  There is a version of development keys within the SDK.  If you want to use the SMP 2.3 Server (which is needed for QA and Prod) you will need the SMP 2.3 License.