cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking a Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Experts

My requirement is to block a sales order ( of certain order types ) for delivery creation by the person who has created the order ,

only some other person should be able to create the delivery.

I cannot use default delivery or billing block authorization object as that is not allowed in my case.

I am currently considering the userexit method to check and prompt error message if 3 conditions are true

1. name of the person created the order is same as name of the person creating the delivery.

2. Function code is of delivery creation.

3. Document type is the one in which we want the required functionality.

If anybody knows how to achieve this from credit block or some other standard means , please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards

Ranjan .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe this can be done with standard authorizations [even Sales Doc Types can be included here], unless you have, some non standard requirements and practices.

In general, because of segregation of duties, this is, even otherwise expected to be done by different people. Orders are booked by Customer Service folks and Delivery Process is handled by Logistics Folks. These are different User Roles and Auth. Profiles.

Others like Jignesh and Lakshmipathy have given other options in proposing user exits / Z Tables and all. For any requirement / problem, there can always multiple ways of getting there.

Jyoti's idea of Status Profile also is good. You do have flexibility there but the purpose of status profile is more broader than just that. In the background anyways, auth profiles come into play. Also you have to trigger a new functionality for what may be a small requirement for you, from a big picture point of view.

If this can be done using standard Best Practice and having a long term view of the requirements that will be best. If we have Z stuff, we will always be chasing IT for small changes and maintenance of the system.

My two cents are extend the role to users through Authorizations. Work with a good Basis guy using T. Code : PFCG.  

May be I am still missing something and stand corrected

Thanks.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I doubt whether this will be possible through Standard configurations.

You should explore with your ABAPer for a Z-Development. He can develop a Z-Authorization object which gets activated on fulfillment of certain conditions. These conditions in your case may be Sales Document type & Login ID of the person creating it. This conditions can be stored in a Z-Table with the ABAP code in User exit will refer to everytime a Delivery is created with reference to certain document types.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Better than doing the Z creation I can go for the user exit check which  I am already considering , I want some standard method if possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

Do we need to go for Z dev? I think it can be achieved by Z auth object (Doc type & User/ Sales Org) with profile with help of basis limiting the access.

Regards,

Umesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Developing a zee table is not necessary.  You can try with USEREXIT_READ_DOCUMENT in the program MV45AFZZ where you can add the logic whatever you want to block the sale order.

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Not possible through IMG. For this you have to take help of your ABAPER and write the logic in userexit. With standard credit check your requirement cannot be met because credit check is not user specific. Check the userexit suggested by sir Lakshamipathi.

Thank$

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Umesh,

Z-Development is required for inserting ABAP code in User exit which will propose Delivery Block when a particular condition (sales document type & used id) is fulfilled.

Though the Z-Table is not necessary but it is recommended because in future the conditions will definitely increase. If not the Document types but the User ID's will sure increase or new User will come in. Thus it will be better to modify / add entries from a Z-tables rather than changing the logic in ABAP

code.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jignesh,

If we try at user exit level--whom so ever user might be ---go for block.

But we create Z-table---May be required to update as per the Document type/Users increased.

What your suggestion as per your expertise.

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont you restrict the authorization for delivery creation i.e., VL01N for particular user?

If in case the user should be able to create delivery for particular document types, you can control it by auth means. You can create a Z auth object based on your requirement of doc type / sales org & assign it to user's profile.

Regards,

Umesh

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can give a try to Status Profile with proper Authorization key.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is I only want this functionality for certain sales order types and not all.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest you to please read regarding Status Profile, there are ample material to read on web. Generally, you activate those for certain sales order types, not for all.