cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penalty points for capitalization and space mistake

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Moderators,

I had earlier posted three documents. 1st doc in Sap Netweaver space and 2nd and 3rd doc in Sap Learn space. First document stayed it was not rejected and next day i publish 2nd and 3rd documents, with in a hour two documents got rejected. ( only document 50543 and 50544 got rejected )

I had to make 3 documents because i cannot upload more screen shots pictures. Insert image button got disabled after uploading nearly 34 screen shots in each documents. For this reason i had to accommodate screen shorts into 3 documents.

I received this message from moderator today. I immediately corrected documents and again re-posted all three documents in visualization and cloud infrastructure space.

It is surprising !!!!!! I think it is mean decision to give penalty points for capitalization and space mistake. What i can post in sap learn space ???

All these documents was made by me DOC-50531, DOC-50543, DOC-50544.

I don't see any of these in rules in "The SCN Rules of Engagement".

Please restore my points back. Even when other people liking or bookmarking i am not getting points for these documents.

Regards

Syed Athesham

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Laure Cetin

answered in another discussion "It is expected behavior that once content is rejected via an abuse report, editing it and republishing it doesn't result in point assignment. Otherwise we would encourage people to do this again and again, hoping that no one notices, and getting points all along."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thankfully i am getting points for like and bookmark, other wise i would have deleted those documents.

Why would any body report abuse on capitalization and space? If some body reported abuse as a fun. ?

There must be a exception for restoring points.

Regards

Syed Athesham

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you check what is behind the abuse button, then you will see that Wrong Space is a valid reason for an abuse. see the 3rd picture from the top in my blog

if the 3 documents belong together then it is a kind of strange that you posted them in different spaces.

Moderators do not accept any abuse report, there is no automatism, only accepted abuse reports will result in rejection of content and loss of points. I have never seen abuse reports as fun.

i saw some who clicked abuse to add a reply or to ask a new question, but this was rather helplessness than fun.

And regarding capital subjects just read Etiquette - Wikipedia

especially the first 3 paragraphs under Netiquette. In other words, these are global rules in the Internet, not even specific to SCN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that how much i discuss here i will not get my points back that is for sure now. I consider my self as a victim of misjudge cross posting and a hasty decision of moderator who Rejected (approved abuse report) it. To my believe cross posting would be posting same content again on another space. I agree with you it is suspicious why would i divide same document and post in two different spaces. I regretted it when i posted my first document, i was wandering, there should be way to move this document but it was too late, i figured it out only yesterday when moderator ask me to move it. Suspicious for what ???. As i said earlier editor page didn't allowed me to upload more screen shots for this reason i had to make these documents, it also crashed when i tried to save it as a draft, i had a very bad time with editor. I had seen others documents which have many screen shots how did't they were able to upload more pics than me, was it a technical glitch or there is a memory limit ?

I read about Etiquette rules. I deliberately wrote VMware instead of vmware and increased font size for heading. At very few places in my document i had to use capital to get readers attention on that word. Is Etiquette's virtual rules more important than guiding reader to read that word. If my documents got rejected just for capitalization only, then i consider this as bigger punishment for small mistakes.

This was my 2nd rejection, if my account gets blocked in future publishing then how can i appeal to SCN ?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just commented on your discussion by quoting an answer from an earlier case which explained the background why the points are not coming back when re-posting. And I commented about what can be treated as abuse even it is not explicitly written in the new rules (it was available in the older version).

I cannot  comment on your documents and do not even know the reason why they were rejected, as I am not a moderator in those spaces

I can only see that Moshe had send you a direct message, this is actually a guidance. Notices about rejection look different.

You should find the information about the rejection by clicking the Action icon on top right of the forum and then the Notification tab. Hopefully the rejection has a comment that explains this rejection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot find the reason why my document was rejected. I checked email there is no specific information for rejection

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There is a limit to how many pictures can be added to a single document or blog post: ~ 1 MB total. 

I should also add that a document becomes increasingly less effective when so many screenshots are needed.

I must warn you that content published in the wrong space should not be moved: the points earned remain in the original space and this means that the expertise section of your SCN reputation will be inaccurate. Until this matter is resolved, content that is published in the wrong space should be removed and created again in the correct space. To find the correct space, go to: >

At the moment I see that all three of the documents are visible:

("SAP" should be capitalized, by the way.)

I suppose the only remain matter is the question of points being lost.  I would not count on an exception and if those points are important, perhaps you should just start all three docs over.  However, you stand to earn more points from likes and ratings if other members find the content of good quality and helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for pointing out at SAP not sap. I think it depends on moderator to moderator to be lenient, why was 1st document not rejected for same capitalization errors, or may be it might be not reported abused.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The rules of engagement say "The primary language of most spaces is English." so the request of the moderator to follow proper English is right - and Jason is right - Sap should be capitalized as SAP

On the outset, because there is so much content on SCN, and if you don't follow such rules, I would skip your content simply because you haven't capitalized "SAP" leads me to think you don't know the subject.

I recommend treating this as a learning experience for future posts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for advice