cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Replication issue after Upgrade.

former_member229388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are upgrading from SRM 4.0 to SRM 7.0

We have classic scenario with ECC as a backend.

We have upgradede our quality enviornment now. And trying to replicate master data.

We could successfully replicate product categories

But while replicating materials, we face below errors. (Tcode: SMWO1)

Execute the report Com_PRODUCT_UPGRADE

Validation error occurred: Module COM_PRODUCT_MAT_VALIDATE, BDoc type PRODUCT_MAT

Has anyone faced similar error? how do we go about replicating materials after upgrade?

TIA

Dhananjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhananjay

Did you manage to check the notes as below it lists the same Error as what was faced by you .Also as suggested did you run the report  Please share your findings .

1234700 - Error in Serial Number Download

872533 - FAQ: Middleware

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member229388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Finally I managed to replicate materials.

I executed report COMM_PRODUCT_UPGRADE, and after that materials could be replicated.

Thanks,

Dhananjay

former_member229388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vinita and Ivy,

Thanks for the reply.

I am getting these errors while replicating Materials after upgrade. (SRM 4.0 to 7.0)

It says, Execute the report: COM_PRODUCT_Upgrade. (Apart from other errors, pls refer attched screendhot)

I have not found any documentation about this report.

Is it advisable to execute this report after upgarde?

Thanks,

Dhananjay

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhananjay,

As stated in note 826092 :

====
In the upgrade guides for ramp-up, the following follow-up activity is missing:

As of SAP netWeaver 2004s, several conversion reports needed for the product master are bundled into a single report, COM_PRODUCT_UPGRADE.

If the upgrade log LONGPOST.LOG (displayed in phase CHK_POSTUP) requests you to execute the upgrade report COM_PRODUCT_UPGRADE, after the upgrade, call transaction SE38 and execute the report. A transport request is created which you need to transport in all subsequent systems. After the import of the transport request, you must run report COM_PRODUCT_UPGRADE in the respective subsequent systems.
====

So please run this report in the system where upgrade is done.

Meanwhile I suggest you check if there is any sysfail entry in trx smq1(ECC) and smq2(SRM).

If so, please delete them before downloading the material again.

Best regards,

Ivy

former_member229388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ivy,

Thanks for your reply.

Once we execute this report, TR would be generated. And then we move this TR to all the subsequent systems as you said.

Currently we have upgraded Development and Quality environment. We never executed this report in Development.

So what would be advisable in this case:

1. Execute the report in Development and move the TR in Quality and then to Production environment?

2. Execute report in Quality and move TR to production environment.

3. What details is carried by this TR?

I am checking above question because, we had done quality system refresh with production data. Development system hardly has any data. (Materials / Porduct categories)

Thanks,

Dhananjay

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhananjay,

For this report, it doesn't belong to SRM application. I tried my best to find some information as below:

======

The report COM_PRODUCT_UPGRADE is required to be run only when you are
using the Product Master functionality.This report will do certain
conversion required for the higher releases and make it compatible.
If you are not using the Product Master then you can avoid running
this report.This is also a standalone report,so you can consider
running the report in future if you want to have the product master
functionality.

=======

You can also refer to note 1055794 which also talks about this report.

For the transport request generated, please contact BC-UPG(basis) team for help.

It is hard for application colleague to answer questions about TR.

Best regards,

Ivy

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ensure you have completed  the following steps

Defining Logical Systems and RFC Destinations

Customizing Material Replication in SAP SRM

Defining Middleware Parameters

Downloading Customizing Objects

If you wish to define filters to restrict the selection of materials to be replicated, choose Middleware: BasisData Exchange Object Management Business Objects(Choose Transaction Code R3AC1).

In change mode, click (Filter Settings)on the line containing the business object MATERIAL. The Object Filter Settings screen is displayed.

Enter the values for the tables and fields displayed in the input help. Only those materials matching the set values are replicated. For Source Site Name, choose the name of the corresponding back-end system and select the filter option Filter only in source database.

To start the download for materials, and the service master (if required), call transaction R3AS and specify object MATERIAL, or object SERVICE_MASTER as appropriate and the Source Site (back-end system) and Destination Site (SAP SRM system).

Checking the Initial Download

1.To start the Download Monitor, call transaction R3AM1. If all the traffic lights are green, the download was successful. If a traffic light is yellow, select Refresh and observe whether the block number increases. If so, the download is still in progress. If not, continue with the next step.

2.In the back-end system, check the outbound queue in transaction SMQ1. For Queue name, enter the correct queue name, and choose Execute to display the queue. If the queue is locked, try to release the lock on it and to activate it. If the queue disappears after you select Refresh, the download process has proceeded further.

3.Using transaction SMQ2, check the inbound queue in the SAP SRM system and activate it if necessary.

4.Using the transactions SMWP and SMW01, you can obtain detailed information about the progress of the download. You start these transactions in the SAP SRM system. Look out for any error messages and correct the errors wherever possible. After calling transaction SMW01, proceed as follows to obtain information about the download:

1.Choose Execute.

2.Seect a line and choose Show BDoc Msg Errors/Receivers.

5.After eliminating any errors, call transaction SMQ2. Choose Executeand select a Queue Name.

6.Select Display.

7.Double-click on the number in the Entries column.

8.Select an entry and choose Execute to activate the queue.

Result

Required materials and service masters are available in the SAP SRM system. To check them, use transaction COMMPR01 (role SAPCRM_MENUE:Master DataProductsProcess Products).

More Information See SAP Note 765018 (Problems with logical system during data exchange).

former_member229388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vinita,

Thanks for your reply.

I believe all the necessary configuration for Material replication is fine.

We are getting very specific error in SMW01 which is mentioned above.

Thanks,

Dhananjay

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhananjay

Please can you check for which material it has failed. is it failed for all material ?

Also check your filter condition.what is your filter condition for material

Please also check the below 2 notes they should be able to resolve your issue

Let me know your comments further .

1234700 - Error in Serial Number Download

872533 - FAQ: Middleware

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dhananjay,

I think the error "Validation error occurred: Module COM_PRODUCT_MAT_VALIDATE, BDoc type PRODUCT_MAT" is very general.

Would you please recheck all the error descriptions in trx smw01?

Please attach the errors with screenshot.

Then we can help to identify the possible cause.

Best regards,

Ivy