Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Route Determination with Weight Group (Delivery) not in Sales Order

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have one question about "Route Determination with Weight Group (Delivery)"

I understand Route can be determine with / without Weight Group.Now my question are

Why "Route Determination with Weight Group (Delivery)"  work for Delivery only why not in Sales Order ? can we redetermine the route in Sales Order if weight of the material increase from certain weight.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
why not in Sales Order ?

Rather from SAP point of view, I would like to explain with a practical approach.

Normally, as you are aware, one sale order can have multiple plants which means, from different plants, materials would be consolidated in a truck / container and finally despatched to end customer.  So here, you need to consolidate multiple sale orders into one delivery based on which, freight payment to transporter will also happen subsequently.  That is why, SAP has given the provision to set for Delivery.

G. Lakshmipathi

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lashmipathiji--Thanks for adding your own experiences which can be very helpful for all of us.

Thanks again sir.

Phanikumar

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Experts,

Thanks for such a precious comments.

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is because we can confirm weight of delivery only at the time of delivery creation. How would you know the weigh of delivery in sale order when you haven't yet loaded the material on truck? This is SAP best practice and standard and they have made this because of some reasons. If in your scenario you are sure about weight in order then again this is not possible to determine route with weights in sale order. For this redetermination you have to go in delivery document.

Thank$

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Moazzam,

Thanks for your reply,

When we enter the material in sales order system fetch the weight from the MMR and put in SO > Item Level > Shipping Tab > Net weight / Gross weight.

I understand at the time of delivery system redetermine the Route.

suppose I take one example, we have define Weight Group 0001: Greater than or Equal to 100 KG, and we have define two route, Route with out weight: ABC0001 and route with weight group: ABC0002. (for both route determination conditions are same),  I place one order and total weight of material is showing (Item Level > Shipping Tab > Net weight / Gross weigh) in order is 110 KG. but system determine route ABC0001, but in delivery Definition [OVLK] we have define Route Determination: A/B New route determination with / with out check. While creating the delivery system redetermine route because weight is 110 KG (more then 100) so system give new route ABC0002.

Now It can raise the discrepancy between Sales Order Route and Delivery Route, Don't you think It's wrong ?? or do we have any step/process in standard SAP if Route is change in Delivery it also should reflect to Sales Order ??

Awaiting experts reply.

Thanks,

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SrinuS--Thanks for giving such a nice clarification.

Phanikumar