Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Remote Connection - Secure

former_member183818
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can I restrict few users from connecting to system remotely. Also can I restrict access if users are connecting remotely.

Kindly guide.

Regards

Ranjit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member183818
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am using SAP router for allowing users to connect to system . If in saprouttab we can restrict how we can do that.

Also this should be a common business requirement, from inside the network users can access all the authorizations provided for them and if they are accessing from outside then they should be restricted to few.

Also if the management don't want
few users to access the system from outside we cant restrict them, since if they know the router string they can connect. How to address these two situation.

Regards

Ranjit

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Also this should be a common business requirement, from inside the network users can access all the authorizations provided for them and if they are accessing from outside then they should be restricted to few.

This is basically not possible. As long as they can connect to the SAP system then they will be able to run the transactions.

There is no way you can implement some user authorization restrictions through saprouter.

Either permit them from connecting through saprouter or block users from connecting through router.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjith,

It completely depends on how you are allowing the connections. You can have restrictions depending on that.

You have  several options in firewall adn if you are using citrix as your presentation server you restrict  it suing citrix. If you use saprouter then you can have restriction using saprouttab.

Regards

Sheetal Joyce

former_member183818
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am providing access through SAP router. How we can restrict in saprouttab.

Ranjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to restrict the users connecting to system remotely.

Then you need to have proper network design in place and try to place the system in some secure compartment. So the user you want to give access can be opened via firewall,vpn or Citrix depending on how they access.

Yes you can restrict it via Citrix as in citrix you can control which application the user should be allowed to open.

Thanks

RishI Abrol

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

If your requirement is to restrict the users accessing the SAP system from outside network (using VPN) then it is not possible from the SAP side.

The application will let the users login if they enter the correct username and password.

Regards

RB