cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"SAP" - "SAP Hana cloud" not available in Create New Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Upon installing the additional components (SAP HANA on cloud tools) in Eclipse (Kepler), i don't see the drop down SAP - SAP HANA on cloud. Can some shed light. or let me know i can attach the screen shot if i m not clear. I think i did all pre-requisites but it seems there is something missing.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Was the installation of SAP HCP tools successful? Did you use SAP Development Tools for Eclipse - Kepler Software Repository as update site? If the answer is yes to both questions, please go to Help > Collect Support Information... and attach the generated zip file.

Cheers,

--Vlado

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vlado...Thanks...Answer to both is Yes. Attached is the zip.

Br,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

last file...somehow they have additional extention as zip.

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Some of the SAP JVM and HANA Cloud Tools are not resolved, therefore you don't have SAP HANA Cloud in the available runtimes. I saw that you are on Windows 8 and suspect that might cause the issues. In order to find out the exact root cause, can you please execute the following steps:

1. Start your Eclipse IDE with -console option (add -console on the first line of the eclipse.ini file).
  2. In the opened console, execute the command: ss com.sap.jvm and copy its output to a text file, e.g. output.txt.
  3. Locate the bundle com.sap.jvm.inspector in the output and check its <id> in the first column.
  4. Execute the command: start <id> and add the output to output.txt.
  5. Attach here output.txt.

Cheers,

--Vlado

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vlado,

Happy Holidays!!!

Thanks for your help during holidays.

For your first 2 steps..I got little different outputs so I added <FIRST RUN OF COMMAND> and <SECOND RUN OF THE COMMAND> in output1.txt

For the 3,4 and 5th steps file attached is output2.txt

Br,

Atul

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Happy holidays to you too!

It's exactly what I suspected - some of the tools can't run on Windows 8 (because there is no corresponding native library defined for that OS). I am not sure if that's just a lapse or the sapjvm_inspector.dll is really not compatible with Windows 8, so I'll contact the colleagues responsible for it.

In the meantime, if you have access to a machine with Windows 7, Vista, etc. or some Linux or Mac OS, you could install the tools there. If not, one option could be to use a virtual machine for that.

Cheers,

--Vlado

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vlado...i tried on windows 7 m/c it worked.

Br,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vlado - please keep us posted when the compatibility issue is resolved/ availability of  for library for Windows 8 is available.

Thanks,

Atul

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sure, I'll do.

0 Kudos

Hi Vladimi, Hi Atul,

I had the same problem beacause I'm running windows 8. But I went to the eclipse.exe properties, and there in the compatibility tab, I selected the option "Run the program in compatibility mode for Windows 7". Then the installation of the HANA Cloud Tools worked fine.

Hope it will help you.

Have nice holidays

Regards

Hammou

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thx for sharing this workaround, Hammou!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to both. Hammou great find!!!

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Update: The issue has been fixed with the Eclipse Tools released on 30.01.2014.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! I am new to this forum, don't know if it is the right place,

The SAP HANA Cloud Platform Local Runtime is not showing in my case, on win 7, eclipse luna. Please help.

former_member185231
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

the local server type was renamed.

See troubleshooting guide section 6.3

Enjoy,

Dobri

0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

Did you finally find the SAP HANA Cloud Platform Local Runtime server or which is the name of the server that should be used instead? I am also stuck here!

Best regards

Patricia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Patricia,

The name of the server now is Java EE 6 Web Profile Server. Thanks to Dobri.

Best Regards,

Abhinav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhinav

0 Kudos

Thanks!

dionisio_ambrona
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks! That was my problem as well, but I didn't realize at first that you were talking about renaming type of server "SAP HANA Cloud Platform localhost" (appearing in the openSAP course "Introduction to SAP HANA Cloud Platform (Repeat)") to "Java EE 6 Web Profile Server".

So, finally I just did create the local server in my Eclipse for that course. However, I can't run any applications there, because Console says "Java version is not correct. The supported versions are 1.6 and 1.7", and I did install jre.1.8.0_65 when installing Java following course instructions (to do so I had to remove version 1.6 I already had). The point is that now new installations of Java 1.7 are not available http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_7.xml so now I wonder if there is any way to make the console run with that Java 1.8 version, otherwise I won't be able to follow the course (even in my old laptop with Windows Vista, because the new one with Windows 10 does not allow Eclipse to install the SAP HANA Cloud plugins to add the SHC server type) because I can't run local Java applications in my laptop.

Anyway, thanks a lot for this help blog, it did really help to clarify and solve many issues!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dionisio_ambrona
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

seems I have the same problem now, but just for Windows 10 I am running. I tried the workarond to run in compatibility mode for Windows 8 and Windows 7, but this did not help, so it seems we will always be in a problematic stage using these tools...