cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reverse the rebate which is already settled

0 Kudos

Issue description : We already have rebate settled with a credit to customer AR and need to reverse the settlement to offset the original rebate.  We only want to reverse it and not to create a new one.

Answers will be highly appreciated and  Text Removed

Message was edited by: G Lakshmipathi

Please avoid adding such text

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag:

by not creating a new document, what do you mean? As you know in SAP whenever you do a reversing, a system doc is always generated.

I'm also very interested in the reason behind your business requirement as for "without creating a new document" can you please clarify?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

You can cancel the settlement (credit memo) through VF11. Have also a look on the following link (probably exemple 3 applies to your case):

Making Changes After Final Settlement (SAP Library - Billing (SD-BIL))

Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hello Bernhard,

Thanks for your response, i have already gone through this document. I wanted to know whether there is any way to reverse the Rebate agreement which is already settled without creating a new document.

Regards

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure what the precise business requirement is. You will need to create at least a reversal document. VF11 will create a cancellation invoice and the corresponding financial posting to reverse the initial credit note. If you go directly through FI (ex. with a manual posting or a FI credit note), the SD side will be out of sync.

Bernhard