cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files disappear in pass through scenario PI 7.11

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a pass through scenario like the following:

1) File Sender picks up file via FTP from an external, non-SAP server.

2) File Sender is set to archive file on same external, non-SAP server.

3) File Sender is attached to two (2) File Receivers

a) File Receiver 1 writes file to folder 1 on FTP  server

b) File Receiver 2 writes file to folder 2 on FTP  server

This work successfully 99.99% of the time. Occasionally, we get reports of a file not processed - a downstream process after the file is written to folder 1 and folder 2. When this happens, I can see the file in the archive folder, I drop it into the normal "start" folder, the file is then processed and all is good.

However, this is not acceptable to the business and they want this situation corrected. I had one of these happen and was notified right away.

1. The file was successfully archived.
  2. There were no files in either folders.
  3. The logs on the FTP server showed no attempt to write the files (from the Receivers)
  4. MONI showed no activity
  5. RWB showed no activity.

So, for some reason, the File sender sees the file, picks it up, archives the file, but somehow loses it and does not pass it to the File Receivers. Anyone ever see anything like this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave - You mentioned that the file was successfully archived.  if so your RWB should show something as it's done by channel.

Did you check the audit log of the sender channel. Does it show anything?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also please check the below thread on the same topic.. Possible root cause and solution from SAP

Refer to Deepak's reply

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3274455

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the replies. We are going to try the Advanced setting (Msec delay...) on the File Sender once we have our PI system patched to show that as option

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave - But in your case the transport protocol is FTP which doesn't support this option.

This parameter is applicable only when you go with NFS..

May be you can refer to the other suggesstion mentioned by SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am going to switch it to NFS once we get the correct patch level. Thank you for pointing that out though.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

The possible root cause for this error can be

1. Sender adapter tries to pick the file which is still in processes (some application still writing the file)
  2. You have multi cluster env. and comm channel from two cluster tries to access the same file

Please check the SAP note 801926 for the paramter clusterSyncMode.

File Sender Adapter Parameters

1. Parameter name: "clusterSyncMode"

Parameter type: string

Possible Parameter values: "lock" or "scheduler"

Parameter value default: "scheduler"

Category: 1

"lock" option:- This is the option that is almost similar to the above;  The key difference being in very rare circumstances, the first option  may still allow channels to be run on both server nodes. When this  option is set, file adapter acquires a enqueue service lock. Lock is  taken on channel object and it is exclusive and non-cumulative such that  no second message(even it is from the same channel) can fetch the files  from configured FTP/File directories unless and until first message has completed(success/fail) its processing.

regards,

Harish